Corsair TWINX1024 2x512 3200C2

BILLLY

I got thoes memory in cristmas present, and i run my PC in 280x9 with my old memorys witch was same but 2x256 whit timings from Rgone`s guide witch was stable..

And now i most can run my system in 2x246 and memory at 166 1:3 i think it is, 203 mhz timings 2-4-4-7 1T , and i wondering if i must burn in the newer ones before clocking?

And if i must burn in them, how do i do that?

My english is bad, understands all but cant write :)

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got thoes memory in cristmas present, and i run my PC in 280x9 with my old memorys witch was same but 2x256 whit timings from Rgone`s guide witch was stable..

And now i most can run my system in 2x246 and memory at 166 1:3 i think it is, 203 mhz timings 2-4-4-7 1T , and i wondering if i must burn in the newer ones before clocking?

'Burn in' means nothing more than testing for stability.

Relax you timings to 3-4-4-11 2T and then try oc'ing again.

Of course DFI is known to have issues with Corsair, so I suggest you also do a forum search on conservative RAM settings - I found Rgone's settings (initial build thread?) worked fine for me to start with and then I just took from there.

Let me know if it works, if not I can PM you my settings since we have the same RAM.

i used to run the same ram, its not all that stable but it works. i just now got my Mushkin 2gb Redline set in today ill see how that works out.. so far so good.

i was running my corsair at 240x10 with 2.5-3-3-7 1T @ 2.6v just fine, left all the other options on auto

i used to run the same ram, its not all that stable but it works. i just now got my Mushkin 2gb Redline set in today ill see how that works out.. so far so good.

i was running my corsair at 240x10 with 2.5-3-3-7 1T @ 2.6v just fine, left all the other options on auto

He's looking to run 256 though... Honestly I don't think you can run this particular RAM at more than ~245 at a 1:1 Ratio on this board. I can't even get it stable at 240 (yet) so I have to run asynch (10:9).

On my next upgrade round (in Jan) I'll be getting a different brand RAM. Looking at OCZ or Mushkin DDR500.

I have tried now little, now my processor running at 9x254 HTT 3.0 , And memory 207 mhz 166.. whit 3-4-4-11 2T, i cant get over it, whit my new memory 2x512 but my old 2x256 had i running at 230 mhz 2-3-3-7 1T and processor 9x280, 1.52 vcore and 2.8 vdimm.

I need help, i want to run my new memory in same speed, but can it be becuse they are new it dont goes?

Burn in or something?

thanks ful for answers.

It's got nothing to do with that the'yre new. Some people seem to think that 'burn-in' means that running a piece of hardware above specs for a certain amount of time will cause it to run stable at that speed at some point. That is a myth. Burn-In simply means to test a piece of equipment for stability for some length of time.

It may well be that you will not be able to run at the settings you were used to with your old RAM. Corsair is not a recommended brand for DFI boards and has in fact been known to cause issues.

I will post a pic of my RAM settings when I get back home you can use those as a reference and take it from there. Other than that I suggest getting a different brand RAM. Sorry.

If you get it stable with a good OC, please post your results. I've had trouble overclocking Corsair ram on this system. So I just keep it running at 200Mhz (240FSB, 5/6 Divider, 2.8v)

How do i look what i have for chip? msmolt :)

I got them running at 220 mhz now at 3-3-3-8 1T , stable memtest for 3-5 h..

but i want to run my processor in my old speed 280x9 and memory at 230 : 166 1:3 like before :(

Now 220x9 and 1:1 200 divider..

Why can i not have 280x9 and divider at 1:3 166 ? then the memory shall run in 229 mhz and processor in 2520.. but it only restars after POST..

Have bios 623 if it should help..

thanks.

How do i look what i have for chip? msmolt :)

I got them running at 220 mhz now at 3-3-3-8 1T , stable memtest for 3-5 h..

but i want to run my processor in my old speed 280x9 and memory at 230 : 166 1:3 like before :(

Now 220x9 and 1:1 200 divider..

Why can i not have 280x9 and divider at 1:3 166 ? then the memory shall run in 229 mhz and processor in 2520.. but it only restars after POST..

Have bios 623 if it should help..

thanks.

Check out www.houseofhelp.com/forum

I can't find the exact link atm, but do a search and it will give you a list of all Corsair RAM DIMM's and which chips they use. You will need the XMS #, the LOT Code and I believe the serial # (http://www.houseofhelp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38145).

well really depends on what chips hes got tccx dont tell you alot lol so could be tccc or tcc4 -5- d

Quote from Corsair:

TCCX = Is a down binned TCCD IC whether from Samsung or by us, so it can be a TCC3 or TCC4 or TCC5 or a TCCD marked on the IC, but it really does not matter what IC we use as long as the modules meet their tested spec and you sound like they have done that and more.