PATA Drive Raid-0 Setup

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I configured the two PATA drives in RAID mode in the Bios.

Then it upon restarting - it never prompted for the RAID screens ( the one asking for the F10 key).

Once inside XP there was a popup asking for drivers for a RAID controller - the 6.7 nvidia drivers never worked (the setup never detected anything from there). It finally went fine after I used the floppy that came along with the DFI.

Then after restart it prompted for the RAID setup and I added both the PATAs, Optimal Stripe size, the said YES for the 'Clear Data' prompt and then CNTRL-X. Once inside XP, under MyComputer -> Manage -> DiskManagement, I could not see the PATA drives at all :confused:

Now, if I restart, the computer never shuts down completely and I have to press and hold the power key to shut it down.

After the restart, the RAID screen pops up flagging an error in RAID array (in red).

Can anybody help?

Props to you no_nonsense. You have more resolve to make it work than I did. I have an extra serillel IDE to SATA convertor if you want it and can come up with one more I would gladly send it to you free of charge. I feel your pain.

Props to you no_nonsense. You have more resolve to make it work than I did. I have an extra serillel IDE to SATA convertor if you want it and can come up with one more I would gladly send it to you free of charge. I feel your pain.

Thanks for your encouragement.

As you see, I live in India. I will contact you for the RAID card when I get to the US :) [Rather than a raid card, I personally would prefer to meet up at a LanParty (CounterStrike?? ;) )]

What I need right now is some help or atleast a final nail in the coffin of PATA RAID. Officially PATA RAID is a possibility in nF4 Ultra right?

@ExRoadie

I tried angry's tutorial to the alphabet (theoritically speaking :P ) but of no avail.

Anybody.......

Atleast a official NO and I will just forget PATA RAID on my mobo.

Hi there,

I´m thinking about something similar:

Is ist possible to make a pata raid 0 two disk array and another separate array with two satas with the nvidia onboard controller ? Or would the performance go down for the sata raid ?

With two convertors ide-to-sata a second raid 0 on the silicon it should be no problem, but thats the same price as pci controller card.

So could it work?

I would try it on one ide channel - two channel masters would block other optical drives as secondary, i think, or not ?

Thx a lot

Mike

• 2 weeks later...