No Boot on New Build HELP!!!

Just receive this board today and for some reason on bootup, all light go out exept #4 (last light) and the LanParty NF4 logo stays on the screen, will not go any farther. Have tried moving Video card, memory, disconnect hard drives. Nothing I have tried has done anything.

I have read through threads after threads trying to fine any one with the same problem and can't seem to find any. I have been building computers for almost 20 yrs. and never had this kind of problem. This is my first SLi board.

Can any one help. Is this a bad board? Could I be over looking some thing? I have tried 2 differant power supplys. Ultra X-Connect 500, and Rosewill Value RV500S ATX 500W Power Supply . All four power connections are hooked up on motherboard.

I already tried all that. This morning, I have taken the motherboard out of the case and tried differant things with the same results. Switched out differant memory, changed the SLi jumpers, removed every thing exept monitor and keyboard, even removed the graphics card, and still all I get is that last light, #4, won't go out.

Hi guys..

I have the same problem.

I just finished building my DFI lanparty Ultra D with AMD64.

When I swithed on my power supply, the mother borad gives the Standby power LED. When I power on, after few seconds, the CPU fans stops. In the diagnostic LED's, It goes to the last one, and the last one does not off! I get the Lanparty screen and it goes to the bios when I hit DEL, but I didnt not hang on there to see anything bcos the CPU fans stops.

Whats wrong guys.. please help!!

Madu :-(

I have tried clearing the cmos and made sure jumper is back on pins 1 & 2. I can't get pass the last light and the LP screen. I can't get into bios by hitting the delete botton. I am at the end of my rope on this one. Does any one know what it means when the last light doesn't go out? Does it reconize the graphics card? Is what I thought was going to be one of my best Christmas presents DEAD?

I don't think that I mention that the only two new parts is the motherboard and graphics card. Every thing else is less than 6 months old and working fine right now on my old setup. I don't have motherboard to try out the PCI-E graphics card on.

The last DFI board I had was years ago and told myself back then I would never, never, ever buy another DFI!!!. But after researching and researching and researching, it sounded like this board was like the best on the market. And who knows, it may not even be the board and this is the best board out there like I have been reading for last few months. I have had many ASUS and Giga-Byte boards and never had this kind of problem.

Hi..

I have the same thing! the last LED doesnt go! But I could go to Bios even though I didnt hang around there because the CPU fan stops working!

This is my first DFI. I was using Asus all this time and switched to this because most say this is good! Whats wrong guys! Why do I get the CMOS CHECKSUM ERROR and the last LED is not going off!!

Gfx card ????

4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

ExRoadie

Gfx card ????

ExRoadie

4 LEDs on = Power applied

3 LEDs on = CPU has been detected OK

2 LEDs on = RAM has been detected OK

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK

0 LEDs on = System has booted to the Operating System.

As long as you are in the BIOS including running memtest from the BIOS option, there will be one LED on.

If you are getting 3 LEDs on, it means the rig is having trouble detecting the RAM.

1 LED on = VGA has been detected OK---- So is this telling me that the Video card is ok? If so, what could I try that I haven't yet?