Got a XP-90 and Panaflo FBA09A12M, Not Sure About Fan

shicx1

Mine came with something like that except it turns it into a 3 pin that you connect to the motherboard instead of the 4 pin molex. I installed it with my XP-90 and I started my machine. The fan would run for 5 seconds then turn off. Why does it do that? Any ideas? I can't use that computer until I get this fan installed and working.

I got the fan to work by connecting the 3-pin fan connector to fan 5. If I connected it to Fan 2, it wouldn't work at all. If I connected it to CPU Fan, it would work when I start up, then the motherboard beeps and the fan stops.

Mine came with something like that except it turns it into a 3 pin that you connect to the motherboard instead of the 4 pin molex. I installed it with my XP-90 and I started my machine. The fan would run for 5 seconds then turn off. Why does it do that? Any ideas? I can't use that computer until I get this fan installed and working.

The fan does not run if it is plugged directly into the motherboard and the CPU temp is less than 25 degrees. I have the same problem in my nForce3 board, scared me at 1st, but after a minute or so the CPU warms up enough for the fan to come on.

If your that worried about it, get an adapter for a case fan and hook it up to a molex.

do not run the fan off the mobo, u will burn up the fan header and possibly damage the mobo. only use the molex connector

I did, but DO NOT use a fan header on the mobo. It WILL mess up. Hook it up to a molex if u value your hardware.

I think he was trying to tell you that it is best too hook your fan to the psu and not the mobo. Very true for high output fans.I use fan controller for all fans except the NF4 chipset fan. GIR I guess I type to sloooow you explained before posted>

Yeah i should have said it like that. Hte only mobo headers i use are for chipset fan also. It really is a good isea to hook your fans to a fan controler or to the psu or you risk damaging you mobo.

just stick striped wires inside an empty molex and electrical tape it in place until you can find something more permanent