Too All With Asus A7n8x Boards

socket temp at full load: 45

diode temp at full load: 51

Now the question is: do the other board display the socket or the diode temp? I know that the diode temp is more accurate, but if you want to compare with other...

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this with all versions of the a7n8x deluxe or just the pre 2.00 ones? Also when try to run mbm i dont get any readings. Whats up with that do i need to configure something?

Ok i downloaded the files for it and it works now, iuhno what the big deal is my temps are only like 1-5C off. How would i configure this for a epox 8rda+ mobo?

Edited by Ziggy54354

It is a little off subjet, but did you had any problem with your NB hs, like this guy?

And how do I remove the NB hs? Just hold the 2 pins?

edit:

Stupid pins :angry: !!! I can't simply hold them out, I can push the top (seems to be some springs). I feel like an idiot :blink: .

Edited by tarkins

well then, when i get my rma'ed a7n8x deluxe back from asus, ill try it out and let you know if im still not worried or not.

yea im just posting this so u get your actual reading. if your stable and under 60c off the diod i would be content.

no, not joking, my processor was stable at high overclock and the heatsink didnt feel very hot to the touch, so, like i said, im not worried about it.

i agree 100% with andrusk here fux mbm. my board reads right. you prob don't have thermal paste on correctly or a crap t y heatsink and fan. my board works great

I never go by the mobo diod anyway. It frequently turns out innacurate (as we learned with SiS)

My fan hub's thermal probe is what I go by. ^.^

Oddly, tho, it matches my mobo monitor's readings.

Maybe it's just a common defect that doesn't affect everyone?

Or maybe they're just lying so people get their product?

It is a little off subjet, but did you had any problem with your NB hs, like this guy?

And how do I remove the NB hs? Just hold the 2 pins?

edit:

Stupid pins :angry: !!! I can't simply hold them out, I can push the top (seems to be some springs).  I feel like an idiot  :blink: .

Dude, that seems like excellent advice, and good detective work to boot. I just RMA'ed board back to ASUS this week, because I was having lots of problems with my rev 1.1 board (see do I have a bad motherboard post in this forum)

I was having similar problems overclocking my board, I couldn't even go into the BIOS and LOOK at the different settings! I would look at 'em, restore the defaults and not be able to POST until I cleared the CMOS! I did have the cool NB HS going on too, no heat to it whatsoever.

So, when I get my board back from ASUS (fixed or a new rev, I don't care which) I am gonna look into this topic for sure, seems like a think to try out.

Good luck to you, please let us know how it turned out.