Compare your SUPER_PI scores here!

Confined

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm used to the bit-tech superpi challenge. they do 1M there.

That idea was tossed out here if you cant at least game on it what good is it. Angry did not want to make more work for himself encouraging people hosing there systems for a good looking number. Making computers faster is great but stable overclocks are whre the real men play.

I'm prime 95'ing this overnight. Btw this pic is with prime running on both cores.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3231&stc=1

It never goes above 50c load and is on stock cooling, I was getting 38c load @ default voltage and 2500mhz but it was not stable so I put the voltage higher and decided to go to 2600mhz but it didn't get past the welcome screen so I put the voltage to what it is now and it is so far prime stable. I will see what happens in the morning.

Once I get a stable overclock I'm going to be folding like crazy :D

That idea was tossed out here if you cant at least game on it what good is it. Angry did not want to make more work for himself encouraging people hosing there systems for a good looking number. Making computers faster is great but stable overclocks are whre the real men play.

whoa there. just cuz i only posted 1M times doesn't mean i didn't test my cpu for stability. it passed the occt test.

whoa there. just cuz i only posted 1M times doesn't mean i didn't test my cpu for stability. it passed the occt test.

Not attacking just explaining - simply that no one here wants to encourage suiside shots. I have done some like most people no biggie I know how to hot flash and back up a OS but some pople get really pissed when there computer stopps working well and they cant figure out why.

What about prime? I can run all day on OCCT and fail prime in seconds.

Well there we go, 10 hour prime stable @ 2600mhz same as in last post. Heres a screen of the temps. They are alot cooler because the room got colder overnight.

It's 19c in the room.

3800x22600mhz5nk.th.jpg

[16K] 00 seconds

[32K] 00 seconds

[64K] 01 seconds

[128K] 02 seconds

[512K] 15 seconds

[1M] 35 seconds

[32M] 32 minutes and 15 seconds

Some Opterons do not like the cold.. this one seems to be Ok of sorts - IHS is still on at this stage. It is the main rig for everyday use and is reasonably quiet .. much more so than the XP-120 and Delta 4000rpm fan that now runs the 'old' nF4 MB. Hours of gaming can be had at 3.45 without any problems.. prime stability is there at 3.4 esp. on Win2K3 SP1.

The optis really like the cold- did you pop the top off too? Do you actualy use a vapo chill for every day use or is it just for benching? If so how noisy is it?