PROBLEM!!! HELP!!! Urgent!

Forget about the sound problem. It was actually a win2k problem. I tried my sb live card in there and same thing happened, going back to winxp sp2. As for the gf4 fx5500 i'm gonna try the timings and if they dont work.... oh wells anyone got a ati radeon 9500pro 128mb they wanna trade with me? :D I'd see if i can find a new card. Kinda almost giving up on my fx5500. Thanks for the help guys. If there are any other suggestions just post, im up for them.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just ran memtest86 and guess what. I found out one stick had so many errors it wasnt even funny. Well i pulled the bad one out and left the good ones in. Anyways is it possible that ram could effect my video card? How come it didnt effect my radeon then? I'm just wondering is there a link between system memory and video cards? I'll probably try my fx5500 back in tommorrow.

Yep, that could be a prob ;).

Memory and video cards, and cpu's are like, intertwined with each when it comes to stability, well most of the time.

That's probably why your probs were a tiny bit diffrent then mine.

Good luck on you stuff ;).

Oh the ati?

Because..., ati's are'nt as hard on systems I think.

Probably not best to say that but it's probably true.

Well, I popped in my fx5500 and no luck again. But this time it actually went into windows xp sp2 and loaded the windows fx5500 drivers. After i restarted the computer, it wouldn't go into windows so i restarted again and it went in but froze at the welcome screen. Darn, i thought it was actually gonna work. I guess my card is incompatible with the LPNF2.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. The ATi card worked when i installed it the first time. When i uninstalled the drivers to update new ones it locks up. The nvidia card did not work at all. I gave up on it. I also get situations where windows loads up very very very very very slow after modifications such as driver updates to the video card or change of video card. I think the problem comes from the agp or board. My videocards and everything work fine in my k7vta3.