About to build new

Please check my sig and see if you find any hardware that may cause me issues (aside from the keyboard, mouse and case). I am already aware that because I am using all four DIMMs I will probably have to use 2T timing but any other advice or suggestions related to my RAM or other components is welcome. The last of my upgrade parts is due to arrive tomorrow (it includes the mobo, and as I don't know what BIOS it shipped with I cannot list one).

Oh, I'm using the stock heatsink so I won't be OCing until I get a Thermalright later. Thanks in advance.

If I may ask, and don't take this as bashing you, what exactly is the motivation to go 4 x 512 rather than 2 x 1024? Is it just cheaper that way? Having two sticks will still be able to run in dual channel, and you avoid some issues that seem to crop up with using all 4 slots. You should be able to get it figured out with the sticks though, so long as you use 2T. I'm not really that read up on what people are encountering and what is being done as a work around, since I'm only using 2 slots, so I dont mean to nitpick that much, sorry. Best of luck with it.

The Antec power supply is a good one from what I've seen in the power supply guide, so long as it has the dedicated native 24 pin power connector, as Zoli mentioned.

Everything else looks good, from what I can see, hopefully someone smarter and more experianced that I can come in and give you better advice.

If I may ask, and don't take this as bashing you, what exactly is the motivation to go 4 x 512 rather than 2 x 1024? Is it just cheaper that way?

Yes, and in no way did I see your comments as bashing me or my hardware. I owned one 2x512mb dual channel kit already and wanted to get another gig of RAM. Since buying 2x1GB would cost significantly more (I'm on a budget and needed several parts) I could only do it this way.

Having two sticks will still be able to run in dual channel, and you avoid some issues that seem to crop up with using all 4 slots. You should be able to get it figured out with the sticks though, so long as you use 2T. I'm not really that read up on what people are encountering and what is being done as a work around, since I'm only using 2 slots, so I dont mean to nitpick that much, sorry. Best of luck with it.

Gotcha, and thanks for the well wishes.

The Antec power supply is a good one from what I've seen in the power supply guide, so long as it has the dedicated native 24 pin power connector, as Zoli mentioned.

Everything else looks good, from what I can see, hopefully someone smarter and more experianced that I can come in and give you better advice.

Thanks again. I want to eventually get a Thermaltake heatsink, good HS fan, a SATA II drive and a nice sound card. At least the biggest expenses are out of the way. I got a new mobo, RAM, video card and PSU.

I feel you on the RAM issue, I'm on a budget too. The only problem is that your new pair of RAM may be of a different revision than the old pair. And these boards are very sensitive to these kind of things. You may not be able to run with all 4 sticks in at once.

I feel you on the RAM issue, I'm on a budget too. The only problem is that your new pair of RAM may be of a different revision than the old pair. And these boards are very sensitive to these kind of things. You may not be able to run with all 4 sticks in at once.

If that happens I'll put the new pair back into their packaging and RMA them with NewEgg. I could get the SATA II drive with the money I'd get back, but I'd like to have 2 gigs of RAM now. I'll just hope for the best and accept whatever happens.