Sign in to follow this  
ebd.i.am

Northbridge Heatsink Replacement.

Guest Erik

Sorry, I haven't got it on the board yet, I want to run it stock and make sure everything works first. I hope to get the last parts to my rig this week so maybe i'll try it in a weeks time.

I'm in the process of chopping up my stock 3800+ X2 heatsink to put on my chipset. Should out perform that Zalman as it's much bigger. I'll get it finished soon.

does the vantec CCB-A4C fit under a GTX with no modification? it looks like it has a lid that could come off, is that necessary?

and about the zalman, is that the one where the guy cut off the fins as a passive? could this even come close to the performance of the vantec or evercool?

I just replaced mine with a vantec iceberq 4 (non pro)

I had to drill my own holes to clear parts of the board.

Temps have dropped 10- 12c idle compared with the stock on AS5

way quieter too

there are so many posts on this and many times end up right next to each other at the top, there needs to be a sticky on this with pics like the 'how to replace the goop on you chipset hsf' one

Question:

To replace the stock fan on the Lanparty ut NF4 board do i have to take the motherboard completly out of the case and remove all wires. are the screws on the back? or can i just replace it without doing all that work, its been awhile i cant remember how it looks inside with the gpu covering the fan and all...

im replacing it with a EverCool VC-RE. :rolleyes:

Question:

To replace the stock fan on the Lanparty ut NF4 board do i have to take the motherboard completly out of the case and remove all wires. are the screws on the back? or can i just replace it without doing all that work, its been awhile i cant remember how it looks inside with the gpu covering the fan and all...

im replacing it with a EverCool VC-RE. :rolleyes:

Remove the motherboard from the case

The chipset cooler is fixed with push-pins, so, no screws needed