Sign in to follow this  
ebd.i.am

Northbridge Heatsink Replacement.

Consider my chipset mod as seen in my thread. The idle temperature are around 33 degrees celsius because of this mod. By the looks of your thread, I don't think you have graphics card heating problem. Where do you live or what is your room temperature? I have a 7800GT and it was blowing out all the hot air on top of the bottom portion of my chipset fan (I hate lengthy chipset heatsinks). So, I grabbed a Cooler Master fan-less chipset heatsink because the Zalman one would create some clearance problems with my fan that is blowing on the heatsink.

VC-RE or vantec CCB-A4C

I bought the CCB-A1C. Are you sure it's not this? Dimensions are 51.2x59x14.2, has a copper base and 3.5cfm. yadda yadda. I just want to make sure I bought the right model before I open it and put AS5 on it.

I also have this Thermaltake Crystal Orb to check out... 50x50x15, seems a bit smaller, but a bit taller. Oh well. It nearly quadruples the CFM, so maybe it's a better idea.

i tried to order some today (as did CPU Killer) but they were out of stock =(

yeah i know lol, werid how they sell out so fast.

soo if u get teh 'Evercool VC-RF' no moddin need..jsut take old one out...n put thermal paste n 'Evercool VC-RF' then all set??

cause my gfx card goes over teh nb

']soo if u get teh 'Evercool VC-RF' no moddin need..jsut take old one out...n put thermal paste n 'Evercool VC-RF' then all set??

cause my gfx card goes over teh nb

yeah everyones GPU is on top of the NB Fan, no modding is needed for the evercool VC-RF. Everyone buys it for the placement it seems.

Guest Erik
has anyone replaced their fan/heatsink on their Lanparty nF4 ultra-d?

if so which one(s) is best?

also i noticed the GPU sits right ontop of the NB so i guess the replacment heatsink would have to be the same height as the stock otherwise the graphics card could not fit into place huh?

I got this :) It sure is quiet :shake:

3546_3.jpg

from here