Stuttering in games

Hello,

I built this pc about 3 months ago, never gave me problems in any game till i formatted about 3 weeks ago, theres stutter in all SOURCE games, FEAR and battlefield 2...

Ive tried everything for the last week, ive formatted like 3 times, i tried all driver combinations and i cant figure out the problem, i left memtest86 running over night and no errors were found, all voltages are normal and all drivers are up to date now... the BIOS is the latest release...dont remembre which one but i updated it about 3 days ago...

I did reset my BIOS once, but i loaded optimized defaults as i did 3 months ago...i dont know what else to do...

Can someone help me?

thanks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

same here i have same exact problem but my pc is about 2 days old. I even set graphics to low, but that didnt help. I put everything on very high and it wasnt lagging it was runnign pretty fast from anywhere from 220-240 on source games to 160fps on others. It was just a slight stuttering every 5-10-15 secs or so. Very annoying, Winxp x64 by the way. Please help us :(

I've had the same problems just rma'd my graphics card because it was artifacting too, but I heard its sometimes caused by onboard sound so if your still using that try disabling it. But when I tried doing that it wouldnt even load certain games like HL2 but its worth a try.

I've had the same problems just rma'd my graphics card because it was artifacting too, but I heard its sometimes caused by onboard sound so if your still using that try disabling it. But when I tried doing that it wouldnt even load certain games like HL2 but its worth a try.

tried that...same thing... however, note that ive been using the same hardware configuration since i built the pc...

Do you have any other programs like temp moitors in the background? That can do it check all the background apps to see if anything is polling. cntrl-alt- del and look at all the programs running. you can google the ones you dont recognise. Also set windows appearence to performance and remove all movies pics etc from the desktop. The X2 thread should not help these people have normal processors.

Also check cardtemps when running games and make sure cup throtteling is off in bios as it should be by default..

Andrew, your psu is not up to spec. May or may not be a problem.

One thing that solved this type of problem for a friend of mine was enabling vsync, either in control panel or in software itself. It's also sometimes called synchronized refresh.

well thanks for your replies....

first of all, i just have AV running in the back ground, been like that always, i have only like 200 mb used out of 1024...

second, i dont know about hte power supply, i mean voltages are great and its been working perfectly fine for the last 3 months, i dont know how it would change...

Quick question, i had an old screenshot of CPU-Z, i opened it and where it says Ban Cycle Time (Trc) under the memory tab it said 12 clocks, now i ran it again and compared it and that particular thing now says 7 clocks....should it matter?

Heres a screenshot so you see what im talking about...

That Image is way TOO BIG...

thanks again

for my understanding if hes having problems then dont put vsync on. i believe vsync would just be slower or lower fps in games.