Sign in to follow this  
Humbo

I just bought a new XP-M

Thanks, I'm gonna forgo the cpu thing for now, I talked with my mom a bit on it and she wants to hold off on getting another rig.

The cpu prob...

Could be the apic unit, try disabling apic, re-install windows or whatever afterwards.

APIC is on the cpu it's self.

Ah, finally got it working. The problems seems to be some remaining conductive goop somewhere on the CPU. Cleaned the whole thing thoroughly with some alcohol, and now it's all good. I usually just clean the core and the surrounding area. Finally! An L12-mod was also put in to cure some strange problems with higher FSB as well.

Thanks for all your help guys. I will post some results later.

Well, I have done some testing on the 2500 IQYHA, and it seems to run 250x10 at 1.825V prime stable. The strange thing is that it won't boot at higher vcore than 1.85. Warmod is in place, but it doesn't help. My 2400 XP-M works fine with vcore up to 2V.

My rig is also prime stable at 255x10, but 3dmark05 crashes now and then. Anyone else having this problem? Upped VAGP to 1.7 / 75 Mhz, and ran std clock on my graphics card, but it doesn't get totally rid of the problem. I'm running Hellfire's R2 at the moment.

Wow !!! loggan26 .... Charlie22911

Your mobile XPs will smoke many athlon64s....:drool:

I regretted waiting too long to order one from Newegg and when I

decided this december as an in-law went to the US ... stocks were out.

I could be running my Infinity at 2.5 ghz and finally get a sig!!! :(

Now its a little too late and impractical for that.

Superbly done !!!!

thats the same CPU i have, and here is what it can do, it should do much better on your lan party. note this is also on air:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/cha...11/b4bd6373.jpg

what heatsink do you have? the thermalright SI-97a is what i have and it is the BEST heatsink i have ever used. i recomend you get one since you seem to be interested in overclocking. take my advice on that one, wish i would have.

Damn charlie those are some hella nice speeds. What do you have your voltages set at (chipset, vdimm, agp, etc.)?

I'm trying to get my xp-m 2600 stable and I'm trying to find the perfect clock for it. I noticed you have your ram timings a bit higher 2.5-3-3-7 as opposed 2-2-2-11. Maybe I should try uping my ram timings to see how much higher I can get. The highest I've been so far is 185x13 and thats with clockgen post boot. Can't get it to boot in at any fsb past 145 no matter what the multiplier is.