copying c:

tiko

Ok, i used paragon drive backup,

and i used it to make an image of c: which contains windows etc, which is on the sata hard drive, and it made a 11gb image,

and thyen i unpacked or restored this this image of c: to my ide drive and it worked, it unpacked and showed as program files folder, windows folder etc,

when i turn on pc with both hard drives connected to motherboard, i can boot up with either hard drive into windows (by selecting priority boot disk from bios), but if i unplug the sata drive, the ide drive isn't able to boot into windows,

why?

There is a problem with the boot sector on the PATA drive.

Ok, i used paragon drive backup,

and i used it to make an image of c: which contains windows etc, which is on the sata hard drive, and it made a 11gb image,

and thyen i unpacked or restored this this image of c: to my ide drive and it worked, it unpacked and showed as program files folder, windows folder etc,

when i turn on pc with both hard drives connected to motherboard, i can boot up with either hard drive into windows (by selecting priority boot disk from bios), but if i unplug the sata drive, the ide drive isn't able to boot into windows,

why?

There is a problem with the boot sector on the PATA drive.

Very true, if you only have the boot loader (I dont know what they call it in windows) on the right drive, this will happen everytime. I know some of the programs mentioned have the ability to copy the MBR (THATS what they call it in Windows?) over in the image too.

well when i make an image,

im given the option of ALL, MBR or FIRST TRACK,

i chose the 'ALL' one, which didn't boot, if i choose the MBR option, its makes a tiny file, 4kb or somthing, is this what make the other image (the big one, image of c:) boot?

what do i do with this small file then?