Sign in to follow this  
GreySpear

Adding more RAM

I am thinking of adding 1GB more to my rig. I currently am running 2 x 512mb inserted into the Orange slots. My question is, can I just buy another 2 x 512mb set and add the ram to the remaning 2 yellow slots? Sorry if it is a dumb question, just dont want to fry my board :)

I am thinking of adding 1GB more to my rig. I currently am running 2 x 512mb inserted into the Orange slots. My question is, can I just buy another 2 x 512mb set and add the ram to the remaning 2 yellow slots? Sorry if it is a dumb question, just dont want to fry my board :)

Tis possible, though you will have to disable cpc for it to work properly

If you check out the recommenations section you will see quite a few 2x1gig sticks that are recommended..

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=36

4x512mb's will usually work ok but since you already have a set the odds might be slim that you will get a matching set to the ones you have ..

Corsair usually comes out with different revisions of the same model sticks.. And that means that the sticks will most likely use different IC's which can cause problems when mixing them all together.. This is why we recommend to sell them and get 2x1gig sticks if possible..