NF4 Expert not installing Windows

Guest JustinSane_merged

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustinSane

The .? I open up Everest and it says my cpu is running at 44 degrees celsius. Using an SI-120 with a Panaflo fan. Could the program be wrong? Bios says my temp for my cpu is 27 degrees

The .? I open up Everest and it says my cpu is running at 44 degrees celsius. Using an SI-120 with a Panaflo fan. Could the program be wrong? Bios says my temp for my cpu is 27 degrees

Never trust any sensors. :) Enough said. Also, I have no idea what Everest uses to prove for those temps. I believe it does a scan over a period of about 10 seconds, and chooses the median of the values between that time to come up with the average temp under load.

So...again, don't trust sensors.

Nvm found the other plug. Was in my X-Fi.

was this the problem??? Excuse my ignorance but what is NVM?

Im having a problem installing windows also, it gets to part after installing basic drivers and said setup is gonna start windows and pc freezes, any thoughts on what this is??

using 2 x 512 gig sticks, mushkin redline, everything at stock, tried installing on raid and single drives and nothing works, even diff bioses and resetting and still no joy

NVM...Never Mind you fixed it? 50 something posts to the thread and you have people looking and helping and others seeing the title cannot install windows and you get it fixed and just say NVM I fixed.

That is in no way good protocol in forums. You may have seen it before but that does not make it nice. And now you got one user chasing the remark about X-Fi and he has no idea what you NVM'd and fixed.

Report what you did to fix the problem in a 50 post thread for one reason so the thread can be marked 'resolved' and users searching cannot install windows + resolved can be helped by what fixed your problem. Thank you...

RGone...

NVM fixed it.

Thank you for all your help. Especially Reinvented. Thanks alot.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I have a similar problem with NF4 Ultra-D mobo.

I can't boot into windows with FSB's that not multiple of 33mhz.

Example, i can install, run windows on 200mhz fsb and 300mhz,

but not on 270 or 315 mhz fsb. Files are crrupted and i can't never reboot into windows until a new install. I have installed windows a lot of times!

I think that this is a pci bus freq. fixing problem.

Is there any event about this issue?

No kidding!

Well, I must say that I had the same problem, but never reported it because I thought it was too simple.

It turned out it was my NEC 3550A DVD recorder. I RMA'd it (still havent recieved it).

I used my older Plextor 708 dvd recorder and it installed WIndows without any issues. That solved it for me.

I'm not sure what solved the original poster's issue though. Please come back and elaborate!