NF4 Expert not installing Windows

Guest JustinSane_merged

Guest JustinSane

I got my new machine setup and when I go to install Windows it get to the Loading setup files (Windows Executive) part and it doesn't move from there. Anyone know what that could be?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest JustinSane
Try installing with only 1GB of memory in the furthest orange slot from CPU? Try that, and let us know.

Installing Windows now with 1 stick. What does that mean? I tested these sticks with MemTest on my last machine so they aren't bad sticks.

Guest JustinSane
Well, sometimes windows doesn't *like* to install with more than 1GB. I am completely unsure why. But, when I was running 4x512, I had to install only 1 stick and then proceed from there. Let me know how that works.

Then you just put the ram back in once windows finished?

Guest JustinSane
Exactly! It's not too much of an inconvenience, but hey, if it works. So, it is working for you now? It's able to get past that one part?

Hell yeah dude. Thanks alot!

Guest JustinSane

Problem. Windows just installed and I got this message.

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you have seen this Stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screan appears again, follow these steps:

Disable or uninstall any anti-virus, disk, defragmentation or backup utilities. Check your hard drive config and check for any updated drivers. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X00000024 (0X001902FA, 0XF7CC65F4, 0XF7CC624F4, 0XF749EAEE)

*** ntfs.sys - Address F749EAEE base at F747B000, DateStamp 3d6de5c1.

What the hell?

Are you using only one drive? Or is it in a RAID array?

If you're using one drive, check bios to make sure it's set correctly in the Boot Menu. After that, try another reinstall. But, when you install windows, do a full format, not quick. Do NOT put the other memory sticks in until you can boot into windows.

Also, are you installing with a Slipstreamed Windows CD with Service Pack 2?