Sign in to follow this  
ToneC

Replacement chipset cooler?

Hi all,

I'm in urgent need of a replacement chipset cooler for my SLI-DR, the standard one is driving me and my family NUTS! :mad:

Any suggestions folks? Obviously it can't interfere with the PCI-express slots for the videocard(s). Prefer one that'll fit right on without any messing about.

Thanks

man not another chipset cooler? tread. think theres been one a day for ever did ya try a search ?

I'm towing to hear myself think here!

Yes, I should've done a search. I know it's been discussed before but most of the suggestions I'd seen previously required some fiddling around due to not being quite the correct size.

This Evercool VC-RE, does it fit right on? No messing about? What is the safest max temp I should allow my chipset to become?? Honestly, it's super annoying. If I had the money I just whack it with a lump hammer. Grrrr.

Fits with no problems solid copper much better than stock. most try to keep below 50c but rated for higher than 70c so no need to worry on temps. Do a search as someone post about someone in the UK starting to carry them.

Evercool VC-RE

Available here Jab-Tech

I just got mine. Do the plastic pins fit exactly into the holes for the original cooler? The reason I ask is that I am thinking about not removing the mobo from my case, and just cutting the existing cooler's mounting pins off. This should allow me to install the new cooler witout needing access to the bottom of the board, but once I cut the pins to the existing fan I won't be able to reinstall it.

Thanks,

Mike