My watercooled rig is finished

I finally got around to finishing up my watercooled rig. I still need to get a pump relay switch so I can close the side panel, but at least it runs. Had a few leaks along the road, but that's what the leak testing was for :) Using Swiftech Apogee, Danger Den Maze 4 Acetal, Black Ice Pro II radiator, Eheim 1250 pump, primoflex + tygon tubing and bay res. Anyways, here are some pics:

newater2rzd.jpg

newater1rzd.jpg

newater3rzd.jpg

newater5rzd.jpg

I'm getting 37-38C full load on my SD [email protected] (stock voltages) and about 31-32C idle on GPU (haven't tested load temps yet). I haven't really done much testing and overclocking yet, so that's yet to come... I really wish I would've went with Tygon tubing all around, now it's just on GPU block, as you can clearly see that primoflex doesn't glow at all compared to Tygon.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have clear primoflex, at least that's what I ordered. It isn't completely clear though, compared to tygon, and it has some blue-ish tint to it. It's just something in the tubing that doesn't let the UV light through. I will just order tygon and will replace everything.

Btw, what kind of temps are you getting with your setup?

Sorry, pics resized.

I'm at 25C right now and loads at 36-38c with 2 primes running with 1.52vcore

I wonder what influences such big changes between idle and load temps. My idle temps are 32-33C while load is at 37-38C.

hey there im getting basically the same rad..and i have the same case...so how did u mount the rad in the front? (im just getting the thicker black ice extreme 2...)

I am not sure how much exactly thicker your radiator will be, but all I did with mine was put the radiator in the front of the hard drive cage and secured it with regular screws. All I had to do is drill 1 hole in the case, so I can secure the cage and it wouldn't be sliding.

ok well i took my hard drive cage out...would that change anything..... i will check how much thicker it is...also how do u like the primoflex (im getting both the green and blue stuff)

ok the bix 2 i am getting is

Product Specifications:

Width 133 mm

Height 273.4 mm

Thickness 45 mm

yours is

Product Specifications:

Width 150.4 mm

Height 248.6 mm

Thickness 25 mm

ok well i took my hard drive cage out...would that change anything..... i will check how much thicker it is...also how do u like the primoflex (im getting both the green and blue stuff)

Well... then I'm not sure how to secure it, because my radiator is basicalle secured to the hard drive cage, and not the case.

I really wish I went with tygon instead of primoflex. However, if you want UV reactive tubing, I think primoflex is your only choice (unless you want to just get clear tubing and UV dye).