Sign in to follow this  
Neutrino

X-FI questions

I have a few questions regarding the creative X-FI.

Just as an update, has their issue with NF4 mobos been fixed (either on their end or with a bios update from DFI)?

Also I can easily find very good deals on audigys 2 so is it even worth it to get the newer X-FI? I would use it to listen to movies and my mp3 collection via some good quality headphones and a 5.1 promedia Klipsch system.

As a third question can you guys recommend some really good headphones preferably under 100 USD (for movies and music as mentioned earlier).

PS. I hope the first question make this tread eligible to be in the NF4 section of the

forum.

Anyway thanks in advance for your replies. :)

I'm curious to find out about this too....I have the x-fi platinum, and didn't seem to have a problem on my Asus A8N-SLI Premium...perhaps i have a newer soundcard

Same here - I heard there were serious problems with X-Fi sound cards and dual core processors, but I've had absolutely no problems with an XtremeMusic board on my nF4 SLI-DR.

I'm using the 6/23 BIOS and Creative’s latest drivers - I suspect this issue has been resolved at Creative’s end?