Not Recognizing 3800 X2

I have the same problem. I have a Amd 4400+ X2, but doesn't recongize it. I am running Microsoft XP Media Center Edition. Everything on the system works great except for the dual core processor. Hoping that someone can help me here. When I go into Computer Management and check under computer it shows, ACPI Uniprocessor PC. Under processor it shows something like, AMD family processor. I have put the last BIOS and the CPU fix from DFI's website on it and neither helped. Any suggestions?

Thanks

umm...... uniprocessor? that means its a single processor...... shouldn't you be changing that to multiprocessor?...... that should help.... i think........

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ElAguila

Right click on my computer and select properties. On the Advanced tab click on the Environment Variables button near the bottom. Look for a system variable called NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS and see if it says 2 or 1. If it says 1 then double click and change it to 2 and reboot. If that doesn't fix the problem I think you will have to reinstall windows for it to update the hal layer.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, here is my update. I tried to change the NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS and reboot that did not help. I then reloaded the operating system and still nothing. Reloaded all the updates for the mother board and still nothing. This really becoming a huge pain, I have had this computer together for a month now and still haven't got this processor to show up right. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, still nothing. I really wish someone could tell me what is wrong and what I could do to fix it. I have reinstalled the operating system 3 times. Windows XP Media Center twice and the latest Windows XP 64 bit edition. Nothing I have done has even been able to show me that a have a multiprocessor in the device manager. I don't know what is going on. I have had the computer put together for almost 2 months now and still can't use it to its full ability.

Does anyone know of anything else I could try? Please!!!

Thanks