Not Recognizing 3800 X2

heres the situation i havea amd athlon x2 3800 and i cannot get windows to recognize that it is an X2 Processor. i have the mobo (DFI LanParty NF4) flashed to latest firmware that works w/ x2, i have gone to AMD's site and downloaded the drivers for the Dual Core processor, and i still nothing. i should see 2 CPU Usage History graphs when i go to preformance in task manager. but i only see one. and when i run AMD Clock it only sees 1 processor. is there anything i have to set up in the bios differently?

can somebody guide me?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming tha tyou are upgrading the CPU from a single processor setup?

Anyway, go to control panel, system, hardware, device manager, check the "computer", it might be still a ACPI Single Processor PC, double click it, and update the driver to ACPI Multiprocessor PC, reboot. THis should work, it worked for me anyway.

nope i put this together as a whole new unit. the only processor ive had in this computer is a 3800 x2

also it does say ACPI multiprocessor in my device manager, but still i dont get 2 processors in the preformance tab of ctrl alt del

yup its set to one graph per CPU and still nothing. the other program i have to tell me its not working is AMD Clock, which only gives me CPU 0 and not CPU0 and CPU1

my friend has the EXACT setup i have different random software but same OS and his seems to work fine. dammit...

all help is greatly appreciated