Which Thermalright heatsink?

THE_Nemesis

Thermalright XP90

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109119

Thermalright XP120

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109118

Thermalright XP90C (Copper)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16835109122

Now, here's my deal. The heatsinks themselves cost as much as a Zalman 9500CNPS, which has the heatsink and fan and fan controller, etc.

So, if I am going to buy a Thermalright heatsink, it had better be worth it.

I just ordered the XP-90 from bestbyte.net

Also got a Panaflo L1B 92mm fan, a fan lead that will let it be powered from a molex connector and also has a RPM wire jumping off of it to run to the motherboard fan header, and a tube of AS ceramique thermal paste. It was $48 and change shipped. Would have been 45.22, but since I live in Texas I had to pay sales tax.

I read all the reviews. XP-120 has fitment issues with your motherboard. XP-90C cools just about the same as the regular XP-90 but is a lot heavier, heavier than the reccomended weight for a heatsink...not worth it in my opionion (plus more expensive). SI-120 looks to be really good and no fitment issues, but is HUGE and expensive (and heavy)...cools slightly better than the XP-90 but not enough to make me pay extra for it...in my opinion at least.

Did I mention the XP-90 is within the reccomended weight tolerances for mounting on the motherboard? I believe it is the only one that has been mentioned in this thread so far that fits within the guidelines. There is also an SI-97 model that is light enough, but it doesn't cool as well as the XP-90

Also got a Panaflo L1B 92mm fan, a fan lead that will let it be powered from a molex connector and also has a RPM wire jumping off of it to run to the motherboard fan header, and a tube of AS ceramique thermal paste. It was $48 and change shipped. Would have been 45.22, but since I live in Texas I had to pay sales tax.

Good review of the XP-90

http://www.silentpcreview.com/article194-page1.html

The L1A fan they mention in the tests in the review has the same specs as the L1B I got but the L1B supports RPM monitoring.

I read all the reviews. XP-120 has fitment issues with your motherboard. XP-90C cools just about the same as the regular XP-90 but is a lot heavier, heavier than the reccomended weight for a heatsink...not worth it in my opionion (plus more expensive). SI-120 looks to be really good and no fitment issues, but is HUGE and expensive (and heavy)...cools slightly better than the XP-90 but not enough to make me pay extra for it...in my opinion at least.

Did I mention the XP-90 is within the reccomended weight tolerances for mounting on the motherboard? I believe it is the only one that has been mentioned in this thread so far that fits within the guidelines. There is also an SI-97 model that is light enough, but it doesn't cool as well as the XP-90

Good review of the XP-90

The L1A fan they mention in the tests in the review has the same specs as the L1B I got but the L1B supports RPM monitoring.

^^^ That place has great prices and great service....highly recommended.

I have the xp-120 and love it....but don't get it if u plan on having some RAM with high heatsinks.....won't fit.

The XP-90 was $27.00 at bestbyte.net.

My prices for my whole order (not including tax for bestbyte.net since I live in TX)

Bestbyte $45.22 shipped

Jab-Tech $45.83 shipped

SVC $53.05 shipped

That included:

XP-90

Panaflo L1B 92mm fan

Ceramique thermal paste

Fan cable 3pin to 4pin pass through with RPM lead

Good review of the XP-90

xp-90 is the performance/price + good fan(panaflo) :drool:

i bout the XP-120 and i have a DFI board (ulta-D) i hope i won't have any issues!!

it's coming in today... i will start assembly next week.. you think i should just get the Si-120 or XP-90 ???

i read around and it said that the Xp-120 is %100 compatible with DFI mobos (Nf4s)

I saw a few pictures posted on this board that showed the XP-120's heat pipes blocking the first PCI-E slot, so that's why I didn't get it. It only cools slightly better than the XP-90. I asked around about the SI-120, and apparently it does not interfere with the first PCI-E slot...although I was unable to find any pictures proving this.