Windows XP Tweak Guide (video) *update 6/28/2006*

mihapodb

the one I am working on about removing the IHS is still 157MB without even adding the narration track to it yet =(

granted, it is DV video and not Camtasia Studio software that really cannot be compared to how DV works (Camtasia takes a lot of fast 'snapshots' of what you are doing and then compresses them to the extreme while still giving excellent quality...while even the best DivX compression of Digital Video (full motion at that!) creates huge files.

keep in mind the IHS Removal video is a mere 4 minutes in length while this Tweak vid is what...20 minutes long?

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, that Camatasi was very impressive all in all, it is a little fast I'm going to have

to pause to relook at those services you disabled.

How much video can those DV's record timewise, and is it mpeg4 or mpeg2?

Technology its a changin..

Yes, that Camatasi was very impressive all in all, it is a little fast I'm going to have

to pause to relook at those services you disabled.

How much video can those DV's record timewise, and is it mpeg4 or mpeg2?

Technology its a changin..

my Panasonic GSV-150 uses DV tapes that are about...60 minutes? (thats what the cover of one of them says lol)

I suppose I can just go straight into a Firewire port or even a Vid Capture card that has h/w encoding chips...but then I am limited to how far I can go around the room lol

the DV comes in MPEG2 I am pretty sure, but the raw footage is still about 100MB per minute I think (I'll have to look on the vid machine to see what the rate is on raw vid that hasn't been touched)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

1st:

Thanx to angry. Nice job.

2nd:

I added some more mirrors for the vid, which will mostly be deleted after 14-30 days of inactivity or due to "exessive" usage (whatever that means :rolleyes: ):

Mirror #2

Mirror #3

Mirror #4

Mirror #5

Mirror #6

Mirror #7

Mirror #8

Mirror #9

No registration required at any mirror!

Yours Linus

Thanks AG,

Amazing video!!!

Have a quick question though. You defragmented the C: drive a couple of times during the process.

Is that better than defragmenting just once after completing the entire tweak process? If yes, how so?

Thanks again.

Hi,

1st:

Thanx to angry. Nice job.

2nd:

I added some more mirrors for the vid, which will mostly be deleted after 14-30 days of inactivity or due to "exessive" usage (whatever that means :rolleyes: ):

Mirror #2

Mirror #3

Mirror #4

Mirror #5

Mirror #6

Mirror #7

Mirror #8

Mirror #9

No registration required at any mirror!

Yours Linus

thx Linus...I've edited the first post to show all the new mirrors also

If you get a chance, I've got the other tutorial videos that need a home also if you feel like getting them up on some mirrors ;)

Thanks AG,

Amazing video!!!

Have a quick question though. You defragmented the C: drive a couple of times during the process.

Is that better than defragmenting just once after completing the entire tweak process? If yes, how so?

Thanks again.

just a habit I have. Defrag after each new installation until you are all done installing. I think I am just anal-retentive

thx Linus...I've edited the first post to show all the new mirrors also

That was the plan :-)

If you get a chance, I've got the other tutorial videos that need a home also if you feel like getting them up on some mirrors ;)

I will have a look...

Where can I find them? Send me a PM...

HEY, Angry_Games,

Thanks for making the video, many of the things you enable/disable/delete, I already go that route. :-P

And love the music, I am watching to see if there is anything I don't already do, cause WinXP is UGLY!, well at first anyway.

Thanks again for the video, have it saved on my flash drive muhahahaha

Blackviper.com is where I originally got most of my winxp tweaks and what from.

So if anyone wants more info, try there.