Sign in to follow this  
Strangelove

System shutting off Completely

It IS on the list, but if you note, its the Zeus series, not the Strider. And the amperage is VERY low.

For Max Load:

12v1 13a

12v2 18a

12v3 16a

12v4 8a

Those are pretty bad man. Recommended while using SLI is a minimum of 24a. 26a or more is recommended though for optimal performance.

Had the same problem using two EVGA 7800 GTX 512's with an OCZ power stream 600. Their was no way I could configure the the 12volt load that would prevent the PSU from tripping off line durring heavy 3d games/apps. The 512's will pull upwards of 150 watts during heavy gaming. That's about 12.5 amps for just the card I would recommend a PSu that uses 3 12volt rails with a minamp rating of 24, 16, 16

Had the same problem using two EVGA 7800 GTX 512's with an OCZ power stream 600. Their was no way I could configure the the 12volt load that would prevent the PSU from tripping off line durring heavy 3d games/apps. The 512's will pull upwards of 150 watts during heavy gaming. That's about 12.5 amps for just the card I would recommend a PSu that uses 3 12volt rails with a minamp rating of 24, 16, 16

Hmm...so you are telling me I need to get an 850W PSU like yourself?

PCP&C are a bit too much...is there any other PSU that has a better rail distribution besides a $400 PSU?

It IS on the list, but if you note, its the Zeus series, not the Strider. And the amperage is VERY low.

For Max Load:

12v1 13a

12v2 18a

12v3 16a

12v4 8a

Those are pretty bad man. Recommended while using SLI is a minimum of 24a. 26a or more is recommended though for optimal performance.

They are not low - 12v rail 4 is 8a which is the PCI-E specification - 12v rail one is what you would use for fans and optical drives. 12v Rail 2 for the mobo 12v rail three is for extra's.

You could try using a PCI-E power splitter of 12v rail 3 for one of the two cards or does it still shut off with one card installed.

Also ensure that 12v rail1 is being used for ancillary kit not the mainboard.

I have the exact same problem which is also followed with BSOD message:

IRQL - Not less than or equal too

and

PFN LIST corrupt

Even though I have changed to 3 different drives and my PSU is awesome it does not seem to stop happening.

Look forward to hearing what your solution is.

Good luck

Mav

FPS 700w (FORTRAN) is a great PSU to use - but you only have GT's (looking at your signature - you'll not be pulling 12.5a with those in SLI.

I think you gotta be looking at the board..... my 2p - try it as you never know - I read this thread with interest as we seem to have very similar problems.

Mav

OCZ Powerstreams are good.

Hmm..well he just said his 600W OCZ was not enough for him on the rails. I had an OCZ Powerstram 520 and sold it because I thought the unit was not up to par with this new set-up.

They are not low - 12v rail 4 is 8a which is the PCI-E specification - 12v rail one is what you would use for fans and optical drives. 12v Rail 2 for the mobo 12v rail three is for extra's.

You could try using a PCI-E power splitter of 12v rail 3 for one of the two cards or does it still shut off with one card installed.

Also ensure that 12v rail1 is being used for ancillary kit not the mainboard.

I have the exact same problem which is also followed with BSOD message:

IRQL - Not less than or equal too

and

PFN LIST corrupt

Even though I have changed to 3 different drives and my PSU is awesome it does not seem to stop happening.

Look forward to hearing what your solution is.

Good luck

Mav

Ok here is the pin outs on the rails for what it powers according to the manual:

24Pin ATX connecor is using 12V3

4Pin Molexes use 12V4

SATAS use 12V2

EPS12V 8PIN uses 12V1 and 12V2

6PIN PCIExpress Connectors use 12V3

Hmm..well he just said his 600W OCZ was not enough for him on the rails. I had an OCZ Powerstram 520 and sold it because I thought the unit was not up to par with this new set-up.

According to maverick, you were running GT's, and not 512MB GTX's. If that's true, the 520W OCZ Powerstream is just fine. Anything overkill is just useless, and not worth the extra money unless you know for sure you can max it out.

According to maverick, you were running GT's, and not 512MB GTX's. If that's true, the 520W OCZ Powerstream is just fine. Anything overkill is just useless, and not worth the extra money unless you know for sure you can max it out.

Check my sig...I am running 2 512s GTX....so no not GTs.