Overclocking My memory

Finnsopp

Hi

I currently run my memory @ 303fsb with 5:6 divider. my memory is capable of running 312mhz @ 3-4-4-10.

but im only able to get my pc stable @ 166 divider. can anyone of u try to explain me why i do not get better reults with my over-priced ram?

I have read somewhere that the problem is not the ram itself but the memory controller on the cpu.

If that is an fact, can u tell me how i could find out if it is the memory controller. how do i proceed?

Please help me here guys

Capability is different from usability. Most good memory modules go way higher than advertised speed but at the end it's the user who should find the best stable speed/timings. I was able to run 1.5-2-2-5 @270MHz, but when I switched mobo to SLI Expert then I even can't get the system to boot at CAS 1.5 and I settled with 2. Now I'm down to 250 without a divider and I'm quite happy.. it works.

Capability is different from usability. Most good memory modules go way higher than advertised speed but at the end it's the user who should find the best stable speed/timings. I was able to run 1.5-2-2-5 @270MHz, but when I switched mobo to SLI Expert then I even can't get the system to boot at CAS 1.5 and I settled with 2. Now I'm down to 250 without a divider and I'm quite happy.. it works.

and i have a completely opposite scene,,,on my regular lp ut dli-dr i could never go over 295, and on my eXpert mobo i have gone as high as 320 with no divider, currently at 310 1:1

and i have a completely opposite scene,,,on my regular lp ut dli-dr i could never go over 295, and on my eXpert mobo i have gone as high as 320 with no divider, currently at 310 1:1

I'm happy for you... My Expert just crapped out today after all that trouble and tweaking. RMA'd it but Newegg doesn't have it in stock anymore. I'm going to try another Expert and if it comes out to be the same problematic board then I'll go back to Ultra-D.