Expert not compatible with winbond utt?

LeChuck76

Hello!

I have some problems with two sticks of twinmos speed premium (2 x 512MB) with winbond utt chips. If i use them i directly get blue screens during booting my os (windows xp). I used them some time on my DFI LANparty UT nF4 Ultra-D at 240 MHz @ cl 2.0-2-2-5 and 3.3V. On this mobo it was possible to get them running at 250 MHz @ cl 1.5-2-2-5 @ 3.2V. Then i changed the mainboard and bought the DFI Lanparty UT RDX200 CF-DR. I get blue screens like now on the expert. But my BH5's run fine. So i changed to the expert mainboard and i hoped that i won't get this problem anymore.

I don't hope that i destroyed the ram at any way.... i will check them also on other mainboards if i get the time.

But for now i like to know if there are any known problems with winbond utt's and the new DFI mainboards.

Can you help me?

P.S. Sorry for my english :)

BH-5 UTT works on the Expert board. You should always set your system up at stock speed first, then work on your overclocking.

The Expert board is a different monster than the original NF4 Lanparty in terms of overclocking, but it overclocks very well once you figure out exactly what your memory/cpu likes.

the RDX200 does not seem to like BH-5 based memory much, nor TCCD...it really only seems to like Ballistix (for me anyway)

Expert doesn't like my Redlines as much as my Ultra-D did. I'm having stability issues after weeks of playing around with settings, but I refuse to set my timings to 2T unless I completely give up hope. If I don't use divider then my system will freeze from time to time @1T.

Well i tried everything with the UTT's.

In this moment i use this settings for the Twinmos Twister BH5 Ram (2x512MB):

a64tweaker4pb.gif

The other Ram (Twinmos Speed Premium UTT) won't work at any settings i tried.

It doesnt matter if i use 1T or not or stock speed or not. Sometimes the system crashes before booting windows.