Sign in to follow this  
Confined

Could one of you kind souls spare a G-Mail invite?

Odd. That isn't how my gmail experience has been. I've had my main account for a few weeks shy of a year now and any spam I get is a result either of me using that address to sign up at some websites (ie. circuit city, best buy, other well known commericial sites) or because I have some spam being forwarded from my old email address. I can't recall a single piece of email I've gotten at gmail that I haven't in some way initiated myself.

I've had another gmail account since march that I very rarely use and it has gotten maybe 20 emails in its lifetime. Again, all of those are due to me signing up at some websites. Neither account come anywhere near 4 spams per day.

I'm not trying to say you're wrong, I'm simply giving an alternative experience.

I haven't had a single problem with either of my 2 GMail accounts yet. Any SPAM that I get (maybe one or two a month) is put into the spam folder which is emptied-out periodically.

DFI939: Did you have other e-mail accounts, such as Yahoo or Hotmail, linked to it through pop access? If so, that could have been the cause of your SPAM infestation.

yeah maby it was isolated case or liked to something else. I blame it on one of those scritps that email to every possible combanaion of letters at what ever programed @gmail.com and eventualy came up with my name. I know sometimes I would get some that would have like 100 people it was all the names only verried by one or two letters/numbers. So it would be like [email protected],[email protected],[email protected] ect.... I don't know it seemed like at the time it was only limited to my gmail's gmail is good for some people I guess.

Bringing this one back from the dead, rather than create a new thread.

ebdoradz & Anospa invited. (88 invites left)

There ya go, I am sure there's enough invites floating around here, for all of DFI-Street.

Guest Neezer

How do you get so many invites? I started out with 20, and I still have 20. Do you get more, the more you use gmail. I dont use it often because my address book is my university account, and my university account is the "Official" means of communication between myself and profesors, and the registrar.

I think once you use up those 20 invites Google will give you more, I started out with 20 as well, but that was a long time ago.

I also got a hundred.

I think it depends on how long you've been on there. I've had my account over 18 months now, so I'm one of the older members of gmail.

I love gmail, it's so simple to use compared to most other services. Even my parents can use it.

Even my parents can use it.

LOL i will invite my dad,

the only thing he knows is to push the power button, and check his bank account