Sign in to follow this  
red930

Custom Sig Requests + Sig discussion

Ace how'd you get that so low, I couldn't get that sig under 70K without it looking like crap, and that's in .gif with a reduced palette. I had flipped the sig so that the text can be on the left, makes it easier to read in my opinion. Good job bud.

Even though you made a reel good start on it reel...you probably don't have $1800 worth of graphic editing software like Ace does, or the experience he has, having made so many sigs for us. Even though Ace does fantastic work, i gotta admit, you surprised me at how good a job you did, and so fast.

Give yourself some credit. You are still able to make a kick-a$$ sig!

I am mentioning you a lot here for a purpose. Even though you made such a great start on the sig, Ace has started it from scratch from the original pic, so i will be listing him as the sig's creator, but you get some credit for your efforts too.

I realize this is probably not the easiest pic to make a sig from. That's why i presented you with so many options when you and I 1st started on a sig. But you chose this pic out of all the others. So you get credit here for that as well.

Oh you'd be surprised what software I have ;) Take a look through some earlier pages in here, I made quite a few sigs actually.

In between two of my rigs crashing and all kinds of other stuff going on I just couldn't find the time to sit and figure out how to reduce the size without losing too much quality, and without getting more frustrated.

Ace how'd you get that so low, I couldn't get that sig under 70K without it looking like crap, and that's in .gif with a reduced palette. I had flipped the sig so that the text can be on the left, makes it easier to read in my opinion. Good job bud.

One of the greatest features of Adobe Photoshop is "Save to Web". Along with reduced image dimensions a person can get just about any sig down below the acceptable size.

Reel, i didn't know you made a lot of sigs. People don't list you as the creator, or i just haven't seen any that have. I should've known you had some good software, and the know-how to use it, judging by all the stuff hiding inside that moose, and how fast you made that sig, and how good it looked.

But now i have the honor of the "king of sigs" working on mine. I feel the pride already, and the gratitude to you both for your help. I never realized when i found the pic, that it was a bit..."revealing". The one i saw wasn't as big as the one you showed us Ace, and by the way, I see you have come quite a way since I 1st met you here when people were lined up, waiting for you to make them a sig.

I like the way you present the picture in it's original form, explaing in a very professional manner what you have to work with, preserving the integrity of the original form, yet imposing my rig specs w/o spoiling the effect of the artwork. No wonder you got that 5 year troy ounce of silver. It shows in your proffesional attitude and abilities.

I feel humbled by your acceptance to work on my sig, i have to admit. I'm lovin' it. :)

One of the greatest features of Adobe Photoshop is "Save to Web". Along with reduced image dimensions a person can get just about any sig down below the acceptable size.

I use CS3, but always forget about the 'save for web' feature, doh. :tooth:

i love your work! already wondered how everyone got those cool sigs with there specs :)

if you have any spare time, could you make me one as well? i love stargate Atlantis!!! *hint*

Hope you don't mind me using the beta until the final is finished Ace, I just couldn't wait. If you do want me to wait, no prob. This decision rests with it's artist. :)

i love your work! already wondered how everyone got those cool sigs with there specs :)

if you have any spare time, could you make me one as well? i love Stargate Atlantis!!! *hint*

No problem, your in the queue.

Hope you don't mind me using the beta until the final is finished Ace, I just couldn't wait. If you do want me to wait, no prob. This decision rests with it's artist. :)

The graphic is 200 pixels tall which is at the limit of the rules.

[B]5. - Signature Images:[/B] [COLOR=green]Signatures may contain images no larger 50kb in size, and be 650x200 pixels. 

Signatures may not be larger than 650x300 pixels total. If you have an image that is 650x200, you may not add any text above or below that will make your sig more than a total area of 650x300.[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#008000]

[/color]

If you convert the two graphics for SVC and NewEgg to clickable non-graphic links then you will be within the rules. ;)

Thanks for the info, Ace, and for letting me use the unfinished sig. I really love it. The finished product is gonna be awesome. :)

How's that? I don't know if you mean this will be ok after you finish with the text and border? Will i be able to keep it just like this except directly underneath will say "Sig by AceG" after it's finished?

I want to give you credit for creating it, and keep the links, but if the links and their text will put it over the limit for the finished sig, sadly they will have to go. There are plenty of those links around anyway, and i would rather have the killer sig...greedy, i know, but your work is THAT GOOD! :D

Edit. Realized the liks were directly linked to newegg and svc, and not benifiting the street. So i copied some text from a posters links that do benifit the street, and sure enough, they are different. So now the street will get credit if links are clicked. Glad i looked into that. :rolleyes:

Jaz,

Here is the completed sig:

Jaz_DIY_Street_Sig_Mod_2.jpg

Let me know if it meets with your approval. Here's a somewhat brief explanation of what I did to achieve this look and some of the settings I used.

No matter what I did to modify the font, it didn't "feel" right. So, I changed the font to Trebuchet MS, 10 point, Bold Italic, crisp. I also added in affects to make the font stand-out from the image itself. Here's a screencap of the settings I used:

Jaz_Sig_Text_Effects_1.jpg

The chosen font stands out much better than the previous font due to the font author's use of sharp edges which negates pixellation when the text is modified. The dark drop shadow was applied to make the text stand out from the image but doesn't overpower the image itself.

The border was a bit of a challenge. I wanted something suttle that would enhance the image and make it seem as though it was part of it, not just an addition that surrounded it.

What I did to achieve the effect was do a 4 part stroke of which 3 parts made the border and the remaining part added lighting effects to it.

If you look at the original image you will see the light source comes from several different directions; the most prominent coming from the upper-left to the lower-middle. After the border was created a Bevel and Emboss effect with a Contour was applied to make it appear the light was reflecting off of the border. This effect gives the border a feeling of inclusion to the scene without being overbearing.

Here are the settings I used to create the lighting effect:

Jaz_Sig_Border_Effects.jpg

For every sig I make, all components are kept separate via layers so making changes is quite easy; as the following screencap shows:

Jaz_Layer_Display.jpg

Now on to the next one....:tooth: