Sign in to follow this  
red930

Custom Sig Requests + Sig discussion

Thanks osen,

soundx98 didn't want me going around nekid,so he hooked me up

I like all the sigs,I think I'll keep 'em and change up every once in a while.

You did a nice job,appreciated.

I like how you named them ugly text/nice text lol

As you can see my sigs are crap. If anyone can be bothered. a Green txt on black for the ultra-b mini sig and yellow and black for the expert mini sig. Dfi street face logo would be great if it was somewhere. full specs here

DFI LANPARTY NF4 EXPERT

OPTERON 144 CCB1E 3000MHZ

THERMALRIGHT XP-90

EVGA 7900GT 256MB

G.SKILL HZ EXTREME (2 X 1GB)

2 X 250GB SEAGATE 7200RPM

SILVERSTONE 600WATT MODULAR

DFI LANPARTY NF2 ULTRA-B

XP-M BARTON 2500+ 2400MHZ

THERMALRIGHT SI-97A

PROLINK 5900XT 256MB

G.SKILL HZ EXTREME (2 X 1GB)

2 X 250GB SEAGATE 7200RPM

ENERMAX 350WATT

Guest LithoTech
Thank's for the quick reply and good advice, Just goofing off trying to figure this out. Be as critical as u want to makes it easier for me to learn.:)sig6mp2.jpg

Is that a little easier on the eyes to read.

I love that speed limit sign! I like it so much I am thinking of printing a small version on some Avery Lables to stick inside the various AMD systems I have.

1) Move the speed limit sign a bit to the right to make the text appear to wrap around it more natually. It looks like the line breaks fit it perfectly, it is just too close to the text.

2) Outlined text can be garish without perfect presentation. A better option might be to make the type a solid color and give it a white release (opposite of a drop shadow) to help it stand out from the background better.

Here is an example of what I mean, this is a graphic I am working on for a client who is producing a giftpack of various local products -- gearing up for the 2010 olympics at Whistler BC.

bbcposterksb8.jpg

Now here is the same thing, only white type with a soft-feathered black drop shadow:

bbcpostermt4.jpg

The difference is plain to see, yet both are effective, clear and easy to read. Incidentally, the client is going with the second of the two.

For your sig, that blue color would be used instead of black. The white release lets the type stand out from the distraction of the background.

3) The speed sign: try coloring the "64" logo part with AMD green! I think with the mostly black and white greyscale background, it would stand out nicely, sort of like the movie Sin City, where dabs of color was used for emphasis.

Looking forward to seeing various changes!

ok for now it's gonna be....

AMD Opteron 150 CABGE @ 271x12 3250mhz 1.7Vcore

DFI LanParty nF4 Ultra D BIOS ver. 0406bta

OCZ El Gold [email protected] 3-4-4-8

HIS X850XT 570/620

Antec Truepower II 550w

2xHitachi Deskstar 250gb RAID-0

Soundblaster Live! 24-bit

Lian-Li PC65

Vapochill LS

:edit: forgot mobo lol

Guest caffeinejunkie

Hey centy if your still making sigs could I get sig 11 with just info in current sig?

Sure, i've done yours first because it's the easiest to do. The rest are still on my to do list.

sig11tj7.jpg

Guest caffeinejunkie
Sure, i've done yours first because it's the easiest to do. The rest are still on my to do list.

sig11tj7.jpg

Thanks and very speedy :D

LithoTech- Hey thank's for the advice I will have to play around with it some more this weekend. This is the first time I have really played around with ps so I have alot to learn about it.:)