Monitor Help, LCD or CRT

shortympm89

Ok well I will be getting a new monitor for my new build, I play a lot of games and browse the web. I dont know wheter to go with one of these LCD's or to just get a nice CRT. I would really like to get an LCD but I dont want too much ghosting (would like none, but I am sure no matter what there will always be a very very very little bit). If you have advice on one that I dont have here please give me a link to it. For CRT's you suggest please give me link.

SAMSUNG 940b-Black 19" 8ms LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 700:1 0.294mm Pixel Pitch - Retail

SAMSUNG 930BF-BLACK Black 19" 4ms (Gray to Gray) LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 700:1 0.294mm Pixel Pitch - Retail

ViewSonic VX922 Black/Silver 19" 2ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 2ms white-black-white (typ) LCD Monitor 270 cd/m2 650:1 0.294mm Pixel Pitch - Retail

Then for CRT's I have put no thought into them really. So give me links if you suggest getting a CRT rather than an LCD.

CRT's are still superior for gaming...but a good 20" or 21" or heck even a 19" is a heck of a lot of desktop real estate, as well as weight

LCD's to me are better for everyday use because of the contrast with text...much much easier on my old eyes...and my Samsung 915N 19" LCD is excellent in games as far as I can tell

but not quite as good as my brother's Mitsubishi Diamontron 19" CRT monitor =/

I'd say get a good LCD 19" (or better yet one of the Dell widescreen 20" or 24" LCD's)

I own a 940B and there is no ghosting whatsover. Even went so far as to have a friend of mine play some BF2 while I watched over his shoulder with the lights off and The picture was clean all the way through. It pretty much crushes my NEC multisync CRT

i would just look for comparisons of the best CRT monitors and see what you see

but ever since i got this Samsung 915N 19" LCD...I cannot imagine myself ever going back to CRT...and LCD's will continue to get better and better

and if it helps, my 915N does not ghost either...just make sure your LCD is true DVI (mine is only analog)

Thanks guys, yea I know CRTs are better for gaming but I have barely any desk my CRT right now has to go off the back of the desk touching the wall about 5-7 inches. But yea I will compare the best CRTs out there now, what ones do you suggest?? Will compare but as of now I think I still want an LCD prolly 930bf or 940b.

lol just get yourself an LCD...they aren't THAT much worse for gaming (F.E.A.R., HL2, Quake4, Warhammer, Eve Online, etc all look great to me, and the real estate savings on a desk are tremendous, plus a 19" LCD you really get about 19" of screen lol...they are huge, nice and bright, play games well, and I think once you go to one, you won't go back...plus you might think about a second matching one for dual monitors as they are definitely superior for dual monitors because of their small footprints (and most dual monitor use involves anything other than gaming lol)

low ms, DVI out, Samsung...can't really go wrong I don't think. Download updated/latest drivers from Samsung (I'll see if I can find the page for ya if you order one), use the Magic Tune software for dialing the screen exactly how you want it, and be off to the gaming/surfing/whatevering)

What monitor would you guys recommend out of these ones?

Viewsonic VP930B

Viewsonic VX924

Samsung 930BF

Samsung 940B

They are all pretty good monitors but Im wondering which one is THE BEST .. I will be using it for gaming mostly. CRT is too big so its outta the question.