Cold boot

Hallo all im new here and have this very strange problem,its every day whene i cold boot my pc it goes to windows and thene will reboot so or bsod or just reboots after mostly 2 times its over with the reboots and the system will run without any problems for hours if not days stable but only whene pc is of for 12 hoours or so i get this and whene i wait in the bios for a minute of 5 and thene go to windows it will boot normall without the problem :confused: so its really crazy i gues.

if been looking on the forum ans saw that kingston and dfi dont go too well with eachother mayby thats the problem but i dont understand timings,voltages settings etc tec im a noob with this just bought the board because it suppose too be stable not for the overclocking and stuff,i did memtest with both slots single and double for hours without errors somebody please help me out because the cold boot are quit anoying.

Are you disconnecting power from the PC when you shut down? Normal shutdown is softoff not complete power off. If that is what you are doing then problem is power supply. It doesn't like cold starts.

If you are doing soft off, then you need to check the rails with multimeter.

Try turning on the power supply for several minutes before you start the PC. You should see the amber power light on the MB.

Then another possibility is corrupt BIOS>. Hmmm.

Hey well i dont unplug the powercord only soft off and i already mesaure the 12 volt rail with a voltmeter and that was fine also tried 2 psu but the cold boot still exist and what you mean by corrupt bios?i did update with power unplugged and battery off abd shorting pins too clear cmos thene all back too normal and boot and it went just fine

I have the same problem. I just upgraded PSU from 480 Watt Tagan to 600 Watt Seasonic, as well as DFI-SLI-Lanparty UT to Expert, same exact issue. And my RAM has been changed from G.Skill to Kingston Hypersonic -and my video card has been changed from a 7800 GTX KO on its way for a 'powerup' to 7800 GTX 512 to eVGA so now I'm using a 6800 GT.

All of this has created no change whatsoever.

I believe there's a DFI related bug in regards to the DFI board in relation to cold boots - but this is hypothesis.