Sign in to follow this  
illusion

Locked Myself Out Of Bios

This myte seem funny to most, i find it funny myself

I locked myself out of BIOS dunno how but i was playing round with easytune4 (3rd party oc'er), and when the cpu doesnt like the settings it will freeze and i will have to reboot. So i did and tried to go into BIOS got in..entered the correct BIOS password (dont want my friends to fool around wit my BIOS settings) and it lets me in....but all the options are faded and i cannot select or open anything. Only options are

"Setup User Password"

"Save and Exit"

"Exit Without Saving"

I have tried removing the mobo battery to flash the BIOS............but nuttin happened still had password and no options in BIOS. Only thing i can think of is to download new BIOS versions from gigabyte to hopefully flash it from windows (doubt u can do that)

can anyone please helppppp!?!?!?!.................................

just take the motherboard battery off for about a minute of two. This should do it. I actully did the same thing. Just take the little battery that looks like a watch battery.

there's a jumper on the mobo, most of the time, just instead of 1-2 (what it runs on) make it 2-3 and try to turn the compo on...and your all set. just try that with all the jumpers that have 3 pins, or look in the mobo manual.

Not to be funny but be thorough... Make sure the power cord is also disconnected...--remove all and every power source from the system for a several seconds [a minute if you like]. Reconnect and reboot...should cure this issue.

ive done the battery thing like twce but ill try again

my last resort is to update the bios through windows

but that may go very wrong :(

myte even get a new battery

If it is on your Gigabyte board there is a flashing tool on their CD that makes it very easy to do in windows :)