Sign in to follow this  
sYstEmATiC

Which Videocard

Well my geforce3 just died on me about 15 minutes ago and im stuck with some 16mb rage128 pro videocard (All in wonder i think).

Which videocard should i get for under 200 bucks?....im leaning toward the ATI side.

Thanks guys/girls

ya know, that really just depends on your price range :D

i just bought a 9600 pro, and they have tons of headroom for occ'ing. the only prob is that the it doesn't come with a heat sensor, so i'm not going to occ mine until i get my hands on a heat sensor to put on (any suggestions welcome by the way)

if you can get your hands on one id go with the 9500 non pro, then get the hacked bios or whatever it is and turn it into a 9700. if you cant find one, then id go with the 9600 pro.

if you can get your hands on one id go with the 9500 non pro, then get the hacked bios or whatever it is and turn it into a 9700. if you cant find one, then id go with the 9600 pro.

Preferrably, get the Sapphire Radeon 9500 with the L shaped ram. You can get them at newegg.com still for about 150.

also find out who made your ti200... when one of mine died PNY sent me a nice shiny FX 5600 128mb to replace it. you might have to wait 2-4 weeks, but you'll have the card for the cost of shipping to MFGR

PNY's warranty states they may replace with like product if availible. If like product is not availible a suitable replacement will be sent.

gainward is the Manufature but this card i bought off a friend last year so there is no warranty lol.

besides i was wanting a new one anyways for doom 3 and stuff.

yeah i was looking at getting the 9700Pro but might be too much....i can get the money i just dont want to wait 3 weeks...never know i might buy i 9800Pro as i have no bills to pay exept 40 bucks a month for insurance.

EDIT: I think i have made up my mind...The built by ATI radeon 9600Pro for 178.00

or i can get the sapphire 9600Pro atlantis 128mb for 155.00 which is the better card?

Edited by sYstEmATiC