Sli Problems

Just built my rig using the parts listed in my signature. Purchased 2 7800GTX for an SLI configuration. However, I've attached the bridge and followed instructions according to the DFI manual and the board recognizes both video cards. Yet, when I go to configure SLI under nVidia settings it gives the following message:

"You must remove any graphics cards that are not compatible with Scalable Link Interface Technology before you can enable SLI"

Both cards are from the same manufacturer, and they are both fully opperational. Both cards are manufactured by XFX. I've downloaded the latest card drivers along with the nForce driver that came with the mobo.

Does anyone have any explanation as to why I am receiving this error?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you have your sli jumpers set correctly? try one card, with sli enabled, turn on boot into windows. next shut down, install the other card and boot again. See what happens

The Expert board does not have the SLI jumpers.

Do you happen to have the bios settings changed to run SLI?

The Expert board does not have the SLI jumpers.

Do you happen to have the bios settings changed to run SLI?

The board might not have jumpers, but an easy way to eliminate the problem is to definitely check the video card bios. It's becoming an issue now. People are getting a 2nd card further and further apart from the first purchase date, and by then the manufacturer will have a different release or what not. Give XFX a ring and see if they can help you determine what bios you are using and if you can RMA them for a pair that will work in SLI. I believe you'd only get that message if in fact your cards have a minute difference such as that.

I'll mess around with BIOS abit to see if that could be the problem- however, I don't think that would be causing the SLI compatibility issue. Does my board fully support 7800GTX vid cards?

Yes, but which cards are you using? eVGA, BFG? Leadtek? MSI?