Are the Newegg Reviews Accurate???

orbster556

I've read a lot of reviews where some are stating: "keep away from this mobo if you aren't an expert!". I think that's more of an ego thing, to make them feel good about themselves.

As Mochaboy already wrote, you will have access to a great support, and I want to add that personally I learned a lot more from this forum about hardware (not just about the mobo itself) than anywhere else. Thanks everyone for that!

If you put some effort and interest into it, this mobo will be more rewarding than anything else. But that's of course up to you (interest and effort isn't included in the bundle).

If you know what you're doing you can usually get any motherboard to fire up the first time. If you go with recommended RAM and a recommended PSU, just follow the instructions mentally and take your time to make sure you get it right the first time.

LanParty Nf4 ULtra-D , a great MB. One of the best designed MB's I have ever used. You must use quality components with it, but it's worth every penny.

If you purchase it, you won't be a novice very long. It booted up first time for me at default settings and was stable as a rock. It is similar to going from a subcompact car to a full size luxury model. You didnt know what you were missing, until you tried it.

Thanks for all the replies...I figured that some of the reviews were biased either becasue of bad experiences or ego trips but thanks for the confirmation...I think I am going to go ahead and get the mobo, as I'm getting an Antec TruePower 2.0 550 and OCZ Platinum RAM so I'm confident that I am purchasing quality parts and equally confident if that I do run into problems there will be alot people out there to help me....

Thanks for all the replies...

roflmao....you guys are funny.....thanks for the spelling lessons....it was a typo....but i suck at spelling anyway.

but back on topic....

i read the reviews on newegg also....

what i do is, i look at what is being said about a particular item, and i judge the reviewer knowledge by what he writes. if i think he has a good general understanding of the item, i take his opinion into account.

but that is just the start of where i begin, i will read many online reviews, as many as i can find, and i will also ask advice in the forums as well.

i read the reviews on newegg also....

what i do is, i look at what is being said about a particular item, and i judge the reviewer knowledge by what he writes. if i think he has a good general understanding of the item, i take his opinion into account.

but that is just the start of where i begin, i will read many online reviews, as many as i can find, and i will also ask advice in the forums as well.

LOL.... newegg's review feature now lets the person posting state what their level of expertise is. I found it funny that one reviewer stated that s/he had a HIGH understanding of the hardware and then s/he went on in his/her review about how Raid 0 was just a single drive and didn't understand why everyone else even bothered to mention Raid 0.

Do you think if I went to a bank for a loan and told them I made $5,000,000 a year, that they'd just take my word on it and not check my credit history?

Like Icon57 said, take into account what the reviewer has to say... and if he sounds like Andy (the 40 year old virgin), talking about his "freakiest" sexual encounter, take it "WITH a grain of salt".

P.S. IMO, dfi-street is the best resource for information about dfi products... Do not take the suggestions here "with a grain of salt", but instead... accept it as gospel (well at least the stickies). Stick with what has worked for the MAJORITY of users and you should be fine (recommended PSU's, stay away from "Value" ram, etc...)

Newegg's posting policy can be found here: http://www.newegg.com/CustomerService/PostingPolicy.asp

Sometimes the posts and ratings found on the web are inflated, Amazon reviews come to mind. Believe this is one of the reasons why dfi-street.com was created, where a community of people can "get together" to discuss issues, compare notes and experiences, and help one another out.

This site is an exceptional powerful tool that contains a tremendous amount of knowledge usually gained through hands on experience.

Welcome to dfi-street.com.