Sign in to follow this  
orbster556

OCZ Powerstream 520

While looking through the recommended ps thread, it seems that the OCZ Powerstream 520 seems to be the favorite of many. I was looking at the specs and it seems that the aforementioned ps does not have a dual 12v rails and it has only 33 amps on the 12v rail. Will either of these facts present a problem? I plan on using a LanParty UT Nf4 Ultra-D with a 7800GTX single but as the price of 7800 cards drop I might go to SLI thus I want to make sure that when I make that jump I won't have to also upgrade the ps again. Sorry for all questions but whenever I am about to start a build--I have completed 3 thus far--I get somewhat paranoid and nervous.

Thanks in advance.

This HERE should help you out. I own the 520 Powerstream, It unfortunately broke, But I had a brand New one in my hands within 4 days.. Now that is great Service and Warranty.GL

orbster556,

The 520 OCZ has a 33A on the +12 rail,running sli requires a min of 34A on the +12 rail.Iam sure there are one's using the 520 in sli mode.Something to think about but if you have not purchase one yet you have other options.When i purchased my OCZ 520W i was running a NF3 board now iam running a SLI-DR with one 6600GT.I plan on going SLI in the future.If i was buying a new PS with the intention of using SLI i would go with the Powerstream 600W or one thats SLI approved.