Sign in to follow this  
orbster556

Is OCZ Memory Okay?

I been looking around the forum and some people seemed to have problems booting when using OCZ RAM becasue of the relatively high voltage requirements. I am planning to use the following http://tinyurl.com/c7cqk and thus am concerned. Was the problem an isolated one and if it was not has it been resolved? If the OCZ does indeed have issues, what would be a good replacement pick for memory.

Thanks in advance

Guest FZ1

If you get the models with TCCD chips you won't have to worry about the high voltage. OCZ makes good stuff.

OCZ is the best, I bought the wrong ram in July from MonarchPC and i couldnt return it to them, so I called up OCZ and they agreed to let me RMA it for a different type, they gave me a brand new pair of 512 sticks, the ones i have in my sig :) They have a lifetime warranty also which is good aslong as you dont remove their heatsinks which are nice and shiny :)

Guest FZ1

^^^^ and check out the OCZ website. I believe they tell the chip types for each model of sticks. There is also a few great posts on here regarding RAM. I believe Dracula (blah!) is the author of one such thread.

regarding the ocz voltage issue, it was probably a thread trying to get a stable oc. in that case most ram need some more voltage to boot up and be stable. dont worry that ocz ram will boot up at that specified voltage on stock settings.

Sign in to follow this