DFI SLI-D Serious POST issues

Punster

Hi my system started having a serious issue with booting all of a sudden yesterday, it has been running my OCZ Gold vx 3200 1:1 with the AMD 3700 SD CPU for months with no problems, untill i developed this problem yesterday. The CPU was at 237MHz x11 multi, the ram was at 2.2.2.5-2T as i have 4 sticks. Now when i try booting all i get is the Beep....Beep... and the lights alternate between 3 or 2 or 1 depending on each boot. My pc boots fine with some old 2100 ddr i have. Any ideas on this issue, currently my ram is useless. (i have tested them and they are working fine just not on my pc anymore). I have the 702-2BTA bios.

Hi my system started having a serious issue with booting all of a sudden yesterday, it has been running my OCZ Gold vx 3200 1:1 with the AMD 3700 SD CPU for months with no problems, untill i developed this problem yesterday. The CPU was at 237MHz x11 multi, the ram was at 2.2.2.5-2T as i have 4 sticks. Now when i try booting all i get is the Beep....Beep... and the lights alternate between 3 or 2 or 1 depending on each boot. My pc boots fine with some old 2100 ddr i have. Any ideas on this issue, currently my ram is useless. (i have tested them and they are working fine just not on my pc anymore). I have the 702-2BTA bios.

I experience the same problem with you here : http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34075

you got problem because your comp don't work with your DRAM setting (you change your setting to 2-2-2-5).

try to plug only one ram(DIMM2), then you can enter BIOS.

this is very strange happened to SLI-D/DR EXPERT, I never have this problem with my ULTRA-D.

If I use wrong DRAM setting, just hang, but after I restart it will POST then I still can enter BIOS.