Is the DFI NF4 sli Expert safe to use?

This looked such a killer but I must say I have been a bit shaken up by reports like this http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82281

Now that is quite an extreme overclocker but there is several more reports...

Anyway is there an explanation for this?

I have a Vapochill XE too so if any run this mainboard with this I would be glad to hear how compatible they are :).

Also X2 3800+ or 4400+ Toledo...

This looked such a killer but I must say I have been a bit shaken up by reports like this http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=82281

Now that is quite an extreme overclocker but there is several more reports...

Anyway is there an explanation for this?

I have a Vapochill XE too so if any run this mainboard with this I would be glad to hear how compatible they are :).

Also X2 3800+ or 4400+ Toledo...

Of course it not safe to run. Hell not only is it burning up processors, but blowing up houses, killing kids, pets, and in some cases even the neighbors........ Geeezzzzzz. If you already got it ordered and can't return it, send it to me I could use two more. :cool:

It's rare that I read that many issues about a board killing CPUs like that, although common that I do from morons overclocking too much with bad cooling.

At the very least, I wouldn't encourage being an early adopter until some of the smoke is cleared, unless you'd like to take a risk.

hmm it has happened before that mainboards have had flaws on release it´s not exactly uncommon...

So to just say it´s automatically the "overclockers" that kills them is not an answer I think. May be the case but then it´s good to know WHY this mainboard makes it so easy to kill entire systems which it sounds like.

Now there is only three guys or something but still. I think it´s a valid concern. I never read about such issues with the nforce 3 250 GB I have now. Which work good though it´s not as good of an overclocker as my AN50R rev 1.3 but that was just a killer mainboard.

Would like some reply from DFI engineers how they look at this and what they think have happened.

Aah noticed I got some decent reply just :). I do feel that but then I checked the Asus offerings and the DFI socket placement is such a killer and it has 6 USB ports and is more practical to work with.

But I will hold until 25th at least when I get my salary maybe a new revision is out then or something...

And seriously there is some damn skilled guys over at xtremesystems forums. They are not noob overclockers.

mine will be here tomorrow, and u r right, they are not noob oc'ers...although they did a good amount of dfi-street bashing over there in that thread!

I will pop im my opty 148 and see what this combo will do.

sometimes it just the roll of the dice, when it comes to technology (new mobo's)

its a bit scary, that this happened to some people, but so many others are not havin the problems...so, i hope i am 1 of the lucky ones.

The Expert I got from Monarch (serial # 0000000094) was never stable running 3d apps and games. The reason people over at xtremesystems forums are hard on dfi-street is because of comments like the ones in this thread. It as not just overclockers who are having issues. I have never oc'd my system, but still the board was faulty. Any games would freeze the whole system. The sata controllers were extremely flakey and were very hit and miss as far as even allowing the hd's (seagate's and hitachi's) to operate right.

Don't always blame the end user, for the love of god! Sometimes, believe it or not, it can be a faulty board! Mine was. Calling everyone who has issues with the Expert a "noob" or a "moron" is not very good practice. This is a support forum. Provide support, not insults.

Shawn

Shawn

Someone mentioned http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showpost.p...96&postcount=77 on the third page of that witch hunt but it went totally ignored. Not sure why all the DFI bashing over there, and especially the DFI-Street bashing and I think it is unfortunate that folks can be so short sighted when it comes to these things.

Really, some over there are pushing the envelope and sometimes _hit happens when you do that, and of course, there will be some that just have plain bad luck, but I so far have not seen anything that makes me not want an Expert mobo and, I do overclock and know that there are risks, and I accept that.

Never had a mobo that really let me push this hard before and I think the fact that these mobo's do it without all the mods my previous mobo's required to almost do the same speaks volumes for DFI, IMHO.

edit to fix link