Sign in to follow this  
jay25dj

Overclocking G.Skill 3200ZX

Hi guys! i was hoping someone here could help me out. I am currently running the specs in my sig and am attempting to OC. The problem is, i think that my memory maybe a bit on the weak side. I bought this as it seemed to be a decent clocking set of dimms that would reach the desired 250mhz fsb i was going for on a divider. After doing some research and buying these i am having SERIOUS trouble getting anything stable above 2.5Ghz. Even when i take the memory down to BELOW rated specs its erroring out in Prime95!! Anyone got any ideas? here are the links that persuaded me to buy these...

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=77205

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...highlight=skill

Both these show them hitting decent fsb speeds, as good as the OCZ PC4000. I knwo these are rated at PC3200, but was expecting better than this! lol!I've tried upping the voltage etc, all to no luck. however it will pass memtest test 5 for over 30 passes at 250mhz no probs! Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

well how much did you pay for it??

you know its still a 'Value' Ram according to G.Skills... Its NOT a performance ram...it can do 250MHz 1:1 but for me it couldn't do 260MHz 1:1 without crashing my games....

the reason why some ppl hit decent speeds is because they got lucky......

i suggest you visit this forum.... 15 pages talking about the 2GBZX.... http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showth...p?t=77205&pp=25

A week ago G.SKILL had them on their site as extreme series, when I bought mine they were under both, value and extreme. Then again anything g.skill puts with a value badge is still probably better than what others call their value series. I'd pick g.skill value series over corsair performance series, on the dfi, anyday.

Test the sticks individually (put in slot 2, the orange one away from the CPU).

The Infineon CE-6 chips seems to have plummeted in overclockability a few weeks ago, people at XS were seeing that both for the Redlines and the G.Skills. OCZ wasn't affected because they didn't get any chips and hence couldn't sell any modules :)

I will do that tonight when i get home from work, see what they're like on their own. Thing is i'm getting pretty fed up with constantly havin mrm probs, so i think i'm gonna E-Bay these and get some decent DDR500 ones. There are some new Corsairs out which are only about £187 which have got some pretty decent write ups so i'll give them a try i think. at least i know they'll do the desired 250mhz guaranteed.

I would look at the HZ but not too sure, they apprently use Samsung UCCC chips, anyone know what these dimms perform like compared to the corsairs?

I would look at the HZ but not too sure, they apprently use Samsung UCCC chips, anyone know what these dimms perform like compared to the corsairs?

Which Corsairs?

It is confirmed that G.Skill HZ and HS use UCCC. I think UCCC is the nicest memory for gigabyte sticks when you are overclocking at this time.

Can anyone tell me what kind of modules my Gskill memory has and if they are considered good for Ocing. I have had them stable at 260Mhz at 3-4-4-8 1T (Advertised timmings). But couldn't go beyond 270Mhz. Is this all the head room these sticks have? To obtain these no.s multi was 8X and Mobo at 3X. I increased Vdim to 2.8V from 2.6V stock!

Which Corsairs?

It is confirmed that G.Skill HZ and HS use UCCC. I think UCCC is the nicest memory for gigabyte sticks when you are overclocking at this time.

If you check out OCUK under the Corsair section they have some PC4000 cas 3,4,4,8. http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Corsair_XMS.html and reviewed here... http://www.overclockersonline.com/index.ph...rticles&num=329

They seem pretty good, like to run at 1t command the whole way up which is useful! I think i'm leaning towards the Corsair rather then G.Skill now as i know they are nice and reliable.

I do have another question... I am using MBM5 to measure my temps now and it seems that my cpu is runnig A LOT cooler than it did on my A8N-SLi Deluxe. at its current OC of 2.5Ghz its idling around 25/26*C, and occasionally below that causing my fan on my Freezer 64 Pro to spin down to around 1500rpm instead of its normal 2200. Are the temp monitors on the mobo quite acurate or should i allow for some headroom here? these are about 9*C lower than i used to get! seems a big drop!

Which Corsairs?

not if you want a higher write speed

which all samsung memory sucks at. tops i seen was avg. 2700mb/s

but ic like infineons can hit 3000.

not if you want a higher write speed

which all samsung memory sucks at. tops i seen was avg. 2700mb/s

but ic like infineons can hit 3000.

This is certainly not true.

What's the source of that information?