1 Led - Boot problem

Hi all,

I've just setup a new PC specs in my sig. The PC was booting with 3 lights till the new ram arrived today and its now going to 1 red light, system then whuurrrs then powers down. Does it just need a CMOS flash? Can anyone offer any advice.

Thanks in advance.

Rob

Ok, thinking its a power problem now. Got message on screen that the power cable needed connecting to the GFX card, it is. Im running a Antec Neo 480W, only got cpu fan, hardisk connected at the moment but seems to need something bigger to kick it in gear.

I hadnt connected the 5v12v floppy lead up, that is now. Still doing same. Got one lead from the PSU to the GFX card and one to the floppy. Have the main power lead connected and also the other 4 pin lead in the socket of 8.

PC powers on then gets to last light and cuts out, tries to start it self up again after a second.

Did a CMOS clear did same and also tried 1 stick in each still same. As soon as it goes to the last light it cuts out, likes it not got enough power for the GFX. Red light and fan is coming on the card from the start so it seems to be getting power, maybe just not enough. Any other ideas?

Do you have another graphics card you can try or do you have a mate that can loan you one for a few mins also try putting your card in your mates rig would confirm if your card has a fault or not hope you get it sorted good luck :confused:

Could be the Rams not compatible, the last led for VGA does not mean its the gfx card, as when mine was doing the exact same it was because i had my Ram in the wrong slots, whatever that has to do with the gfx card i don't know lol, could you get your hands on some other Ram to try.