Sign in to follow this  
airman

Getting A 2500

i'm getting an athlon 2500...and i need to know how to start overclocking it

i guess i'm gonna have to connect the L1 bridges...and i don't know what to do after that!

someone just give me suggestions...

my specs

Mobo: Jetway V333Pro

Ram: 2x 256meg DDR ram

PNY GeForce4 Ti4200 128meg 8x AGP

i guess that's all you need to know...just leave some suggestions please, as they will be greatly appreciated.

Im assuming that is an AthlonXP 2500+ (if it is a Duron or Thunderbird you would use the pencil trick) but you O/C by setting your FSB and multiplier in your BIOS (make sure you have good cooling if you are going to O/C. And after you O/C test your system for temps and stability

If you want to go further you can mess around with VCores,VDimm,memory timings etc

thats a kt333 board so your gonna have to close the last l5 bridge to use lower multis or any multi below 12.5 . also your gonna have a hard time going past 166fsb since those boards dont have a divider to suport 200fsb . but id say with a multi of 12.5 and around 175mhz fsb you should be able to get cloce to 2200mhz if your board has good voltage options

i've penciled in the L1 bridge on my 1100MHz athlon tbird...and i don't see anywhere where i can screw around with the fsb multiplier. all i see is the clock speed...which defaults to 100MHz, but i moved it up to 110MHz...and i won't go any higher overall than 1212MHz, or the system won't post.

but...i'm not worrying about that anymore, cause i'm gettin the 2500 on thursday or friday!!!

soo...i will only be able to o/c it to 2.2 GHz?

i was expecting to be about 2.4 or even 2.5!

omfg i just got the proc. today, and i looked in the mobo manual and it said that it supports up to a 2200+. is there a way to get around that? cause i can't afford a new mobo :(

more than likely a bios update will fix that problem . also ive seen alot of mobos that couldnt handle higher speed cpus but some can still run them just underclocked . but the chances are good that that kt33 board will have a bios update to fix that all you can do is update the bios and try it . you might have to run it at say 12.5 x133 or something if the modo doesnt suport 333 166x2 fsb speeds

That is unless you have a leadtek which sadly i do and there instructions on for a different program and out of date. Yikes i gave up on updating mine as I had to go get a copy of dos no biggy but then search thru google for a command to run it as theirs was wrong.

i've penciled in the L1 bridge on my 1100MHz athlon tbird...and i don't see anywhere where i can screw around with the fsb multiplier.
Edited by kobalt