Sign in to follow this  
zerone

Help for dual boot in RAID 0 with Windows x64

Now I have my system up and running with Windows XP, I want to install a dual boot environment with Windows x64 but not too clear about how to do it with a RAID 0 already setup :confused: . Any suggestions will be deeply appreciated.

I have partitioned my 4 SATA disks RAID 0 into two dirves C: and D: with Windows XP in C:. I want to install Windows x64 into D:. My questions are:

1. What x64 bit drivers I need for the NF4 expert board?

2. Do I need the x64 bit drivers for my SLI video cards?

3. How can I maintain the already setup SATA RAID configuration in the process of installing Window x64?

4. What is the general process to install the Windows x64 to setup the dual boot?

Thanks in advance for any help .

Go to Nvidia's site for mobo and vid card drivers. The thing to be careful about is using the correct drivers for your raid setup. If I remember correctly the latest 64bit raid drivers are not whql certified. I kept getting bsod'd after the windows splash screen until the proper drivers were used during setup. Try using an earlier version. Setup is exactly like xp32...just tell it you want xp64 to be installed on d drive and you are good to go.

Go to Nvidia's site for mobo and vid card drivers. The thing to be careful about is using the correct drivers for your raid setup. If I remember correctly the latest 64bit raid drivers are not whql certified. I kept getting bsod'd after the windows splash screen until the proper drivers were used during setup. Try using an earlier version. Setup is exactly like xp32...just tell it you want xp64 to be installed on d drive and you are good to go.

Thanks for the info. In the DFI board, it has more than the Nvidia chips, e.g. the Realtek audio chip. I am not too sure what other chips my mobo comes with and don't know what drivers come with the Windows x64 that I don't need to supply.

If you can give me your list of drivers you need to setup your system with, it will save me a lot of guess work. I can find the drivers myself accordingly for my special rig. Thanks.

1. What x64 bit drivers I need for the NF4 expert board?

2. Do I need the x64 bit drivers for my SLI video cards?

3. How can I maintain the already setup SATA RAID configuration in the process of installing Window x64?

4. What is the general process to install the Windows x64 to setup the dual boot?

If you want to work with actual nForce SataRaid drivers, you have to integrate the drivers into a bootable CD by using nLite. Here you get help for the installation of XP x64: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=352404

Now to your questions:

1. Take the 64-Bit drivers I propose in my guide (nForce package 6.67).

2. Yes, integrate the new x64 version of the Forceware 81.95 into your nLited CD.

3+4. The install has no influence on your first partition (seperate from the MBR). During the install of XP x64 you have to point, that you want to install it into partition D. At the end of the install you have a Boot manager. At each boot you can choose the OS you want to work with.

CU

Fernando

If you want to work with actual nForce SataRaid drivers, you have to integrate the drivers into a bootable CD by using nLite. Here you get help for the installation of XP x64: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=352404

Now to your questions:

1. Take the 64-Bit drivers I propose in my guide (nForce package 6.67).

2. Yes, integrate the new x64 version of the Forceware 81.95 into your nLited CD.

3+4. The install has no influence on your first partition (seperate from the MBR). During the install of XP x64 you have to point, that you want to install it into partition D. At the end of the install you have a Boot manager. At each boot you can choose the OS you want to work with.

CU

Fernando

That is very helpful. Thank you. I followed the thread you pointed out for half an hour but still did not get to the end. It is a long thread! So I am not too clear on the conclusion who has tried what and successful. Your first post of that thread was in July and you proposed to use 6.67.

The current nForce package in the nVidia website is 6.69. Any good to use this instead of the 6.67?

That is very helpful. Thank you. I followed the thread you pointed out for half an hour but still did not get to the end. It is a long thread! So I am not too clear on the conclusion who has tried what and successful. Your first post of that thread was in July and you proposed to use 6.67.

The current nForce package in the nVidia website is 6.69. Any good to use this instead of the 6.67?

You only have to read the first post - that is always actual (if there is something new, I edit this post).

As you see on the number of views, this guide is very successful.

I would not recommend the driver package 6.69, because it is not easy to install the drivers off this package. The SataRaid drivers are the same as in package 6.67.

Good luck!

Fernando

You only have to read the first post - that is always actual (if there is something new, I edit this post).

As you see on the number of views, this guide is very successful.

I would not recommend the driver package 6.69, because it is not easy to install the drivers off this package. The SataRaid drivers are the same as in package 6.67.

Good luck!

Fernando

Thanks a lot. I'll give it a try this week.