PCP&C not powerful enough?

Guest Jeremy_merged

Well I unplugged 4 hard drives, the cdrom, and 4 of the fans, same thing still happened, then i put them all back on and it gets to the bios screen quicker but still no sli.

The fans are: 7x 1600rpm 120mm LED 1.2watt 12v, 3x 1900rpm 80mm LED 1.2watt 12v, 1x 92mm generic high rpm LED 12v 1.6watt, 2 Zalman vga coolers are on 5volt.

I cant really put some of the fans on 5v because they allready spin slow enough, for a 15 fan system it is pretty quiet and that was my goal.

the 850watt appears to be very rare here in australia, the only place that i know of that sells them has sold out, with a footnote saying "1000watt due mid December" :eek: I will get it if i have to, its pretty much a more efficent pcp&c 850ssi and in the future I would like to add more drives.

When i originally built this system it had a coolermaster 550watt in it, at that time i had just a few case fans, no sli and 1 HDD. When i stuck the second vid card in it a few weeks later it did pretty much what is going on now. But It seems weird that the 510 suddenly cant seem to be able to handle 7 fans, 1 HDD, SLi, dual core system.

Tomorrow on my day off I will rewire the whole power lead system to make sure its not a simple destrib problem and this time try with no fans.

When you rewire your rig pay attention to the motherboard power connections. The best results are achieved when the 4pin floppy is on a lead that is not shared with any other component and the 4pin molex is on a lead that is not shared with any other component.

I've built just under one hundred DFI nF4 rigs using this technique and have had zero stability problems.

You can use splitters on the other leads to get power to the rest of the components.