Sign in to follow this  
Angry_Games

Angry's vacation time = Eve Online (mmog)

Ok I mad, I cant beleive I gave that a try..........now I cant piut that game down. and Im leaving for 2 months......

anyways Im a Caldary Pilot, that goes by the name of GOTFrog, I do alot of courrier work and fight some pirates.

and Angry sent you a mail in-game (cost me 100 ISK's too)

GOTFrog, what did you like about it? I havent had the chance to try it out yet, will probably get around to it this weekend.

Thanks

I will probably give EVE a shot...WoW is not as "fun" as it once was, and need something new to fill up some time. I'll probably start downloading it tonight, and post my info later.

Is there only one "server"? Are there different places to start, that we would have to travel to meet each other?

more questions to follow later, at work right now.

thanks

It depends on what race you are. AG and I are Brutor and so we are based in Rens. The game puts you in a specific place based on what you chose to be. And yes there is only one server. I hope you like it!

Ok I mad, I cant beleive I gave that a try..........now I cant piut that game down. and Im leaving for 2 months......

anyways Im a Caldary Pilot, that goes by the name of GOTFrog, I do alot of courrier work and fight some pirates.

and Angry sent you a mail in-game (cost me 100 ISK's too)

dont forget momma musheen also (momma)

I'm on a break from the game for a few days (training a 9day skill) while I work

But if anyone wants to join up then please post here first and we'll give ya some pointers on how to create a character and where to begin and give ya some extra money and more importantly, give you the skills you will need to learn heh

i will most likely be joining EVE either tomorrow night or over the weekend. just got my 170, ram and psu, so im currently backing up and reformatting.

well like in any game, im going to dive in head first and try to absorb as much as possible. thanks for any help you can give.

pb, out.

I forgot about momma since I have absolutly no idea of who momma is. Sorry

Heheh, its cool. I am AG's gf and I make spotty appearences around here from time to time. I have been playing eve more than him lately so just look out for me if you are in game ;).

When I was playing Eve, about two years ago, I believe they broke the 10,000 players online barrier one Saturday night.

Yes, Josephine, everyone plays on the same server(s). No shards. You upset one player and the whole community eventually learns about it. There is no place to "hide" in Eve. Everyone knows everyone else ... or about everyone else.

That's one thing that makes Eve very, very different from "normal" MMORPGs. The training, as angry stated, is another. And last, there are the the graphics. They are simply amazing to see. I think the Eve programmers "borrowed" a bunch of photos from the Hubble telescope and went on to create the rest of their "universe" from there.

So don't go potting that escape capsule ... you may live to regret it ... or is that die ... :) Of course, if you really want to be an evil nasty person, you can go live in the outlands with the rest of the pirates and baddies. There are "evil" corporations (i.e., guilds in a "normal" MMORPG) too; however, Eve has enough conflict among the three major races to make your normal playday interesting to say the least.

The only "down side" to Eve when I was playing it, if you can call it a down side, is that you never get to see a real person close up. Everything important is done from your ship ... including combat. I think that's the one thing that eventually caused me to stop playing the game.

Other than that, Eve has a lot going for it, including some interesting parties in Reykajvik, Iceland, because that's where the game was originally designed and programmed. I don't know if they still have their annual "Eve" bashes there or not ... but I certainly hope so ... :D