Angry's vacation time = Eve Online (mmog)

Angry_Games

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told this is one of the "nicer" MMO's. You dont have to devote your entire life to grinding, leveling, etc etc. You can basically "level" without needing to play the actual game. Truth or myth?

truth

you login, set a skill to train

training time is based on teh skill's primary and secondary requirements (say Perception is primary, Memory is secondary).

so how high your attributes are along with the class of skill determines how long it takes to train.

for example, I am training Hull Upgrades right now to level 5 (5 is top level then you can usually get into specializations).

It takes 12 days, 9 hours, 23 minutes or so for me, with my current attributes, to train this skill from lvl 4 to lvl 5.

So I set it to train, and then log out.

12 days, 9 hours and 30 minutes later, I login, the skill is done training, and I set the next skill to train. My next skill I think will only be a 3 day skill from lvl3 to lvl4, and then another 9 days from lvl4 to lvl5.

you can play in 'safe' areas almost like a single-player RPG (this is pretty much how momma and I play as we are not really interested in pvp stuff at all).

you do want to play the game and learn how to play it properly because it is huge, it can be ultra complex (but the complexity is in levels so you learn how to do easy combat first, then you learn how to do better strategy for harder combat etc...it's a bit daunting but truly one of the best games and definitely the deepest and best MMO we've ever played, and that includes a 21 day trial of WoW which I found to be a grinding bore and all my lvl60 friends say it's a total lame-out between updates/expansions for those ultra-high level characters)

I played WoW for about 9 months, and by the 6th month, I was tired with the grind already.

EVE has none of that, happy is 100% right. You don't have to PvP, but knowing the tricks that some people will pull in higher security areas to blow up your ship is a good thing. Lots of new players make simple mistakes in high-sec thinking it is 100% safe, but it isn't unless you are careful.

ya and stick with the starter corp as long as you want to avoid pvp, because in a player-owned corp, chances are eventually you will have to go to war with some other schmoes over some perceived slight etc...game-owned corps (starter corps) can't have war declared on them...you can still get blowed up real good in high-sec space, but chances are extremely small

ya i been playing a bit (as you can see by my Xfire sig)

ingame add AngryMusheen to your friends list

get Xfire and add me (angrygames) to it also

when we are in Eve I'll help ya out and get ya started etc

also look for Wetchaser in Eve also. He's a great dude.

DFI-Street has a corp but there's only me and momma (the other admin here) in it. Everyone else bailed heh.