Angry's vacation time = Eve Online (mmog)

Angry_Games

so just in case (but not likely) anyone was wondering where mr angry-ugly has been lately, mr angry-ugly has been taking a very much needed vacation (first vacation in over 3 years since working for DFI).

during this vacation I've been going to hockey games, watching hockey games on tv, playing hockey games on my Xbox, and listening to hockey games on the radio/internet.

"but geez angry, you are such a hockey dork, isn't there more to your life than hockey?"

NO

well ok, maybe a couple other things.

one of those is some MMOG game that momma and I played for months during it's beta period, then we played for about a year after the game had been out a year (ie we skipped the horrible buggy parts lol) *then sold our accounts on eBay for $525.00, which was about 40% more than we payed for both accounts for the year*, and decided what the heck, and we started playing again.

It is one of the most complex games I've played (though not nearly as dumb and complex as X3: Reunion). Its a HUGE universe, and the players pretty much control the economy completely....well...it is just too hard to try and explain.

so

If you got nothing to do for a week or 10 days or something, go here:

http://www.eve-online.com/

and read around.

if you want a free trial, just ask me, or go here:

https://secure.eve-online.com/ft/?sk=IGN

its a 10 or 14 day trial (I don't know which because I just paid $20 for the initial month and its about $12.95/mo after that if you pay quarterly, which we do)

it would be kinda cool to see some Streeters in the game I suppose. So feel free to join up and find us:

AngryMusheen (that would be me!)

Momma Musheen (that would be momma!)

since I sold our previous accounts I can't be angrygames no more lol. oh well.

oh ya, here's some screenshots when we were selling our account...you can see that there's so much crap to do in the game that people have been playing since the day the game went live and still have not maxed out their skills (unlike most MMO's where you can easily hit level 60 and have really nothing much else to do)

heh

eve-me-1.jpg

anyway (again), find us in the game, or post here and let us know you want to give it a try and we'll guide ya through setting yourself up to be in the right place with us ;)

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if you like real deep rpg's then you'd definitely like Eve. It has levels of levels of complexity, but the tutorial is very good starter, and of course you'd have me, momma, Max_Sterling to help ya find out just how deep the rabbit hole goes. And you can play against AI instantly until you are ready to move on to pvp if you like pvp (we don't, but out in the lawless areas is where the big loot is lol).

The main thing I like is it is not a game that you kill things to get experience. There are 'skills' in Eve that you must learn to do certain things, and those skills are trained with straight time, not experience.

ie depending on the skill difficulty, you have a certain real time (that trains while you are online and offline, there is no need to be logged on to learn skills) that it takes for your character to learn them. Attributes like intelligence, perception, etc (there's only 6 of them lol) as well as implants of varying modifier levels (+1, +2, +4, +2% this or that, etc) can make a big difference on how long they take to train.

example:

i want to fly some better ship. The ship's requirements say I have to have Frigate Lvl3 & Spaceship Command lvl1. Well I started with Frigate lvl2 and Command lvl1, so I just have to train an existing skill up one level and I can fly it. Frigate level 3 would take say 12 hours, 45 minutes, 30 seconds with my current attributes. So I could just say 'train to level 3', and then not log back in until 12 hours, 45 minutes, and 31 seconds after I decided to train it, and it would be done, and I could fly my new whatever.

pretty nerdy stuff, but like I said, there's levels of complexity that leave it open to anything. Momma usually likes to learn how to make blueprints of high complexity, and then build them and charge an arm and a leg. This cash finances her bloodlust of killing hapless AI pirates and looting their dead ship hulls of booty....a la Diablo II style lol.

The longer you play, the better you get, and while it may seem like a long wait sometimes to learn some new skill to do something cool, while waiting you DO play it and learn all about how it works, and you can work alone, with friends, for other corps, making stuff, blowing stuff up, trading stuff....stuff lol.

Only costs you the time to fill out the free 14 day trial stuff and check it out to see if you like it. It is the only MMO I have ever liked enough to pay monthly to play (and monthly is just one day I have to just not order a pizza or a McDonalds date with momma heh).

Give it a shot. Or don't lol. I like it. You probably wouldn't :tooth:

ps: im an ultra dork lol

The main thing I like is it is not a game that you kill things to get experience.
hmmm.. I like to blow sheet up !!.. Well you know that already..hehe

Maybe I'll give it a try though..

ps: im an ultra dork lol

Yes you are.. But its good to see you doing some fun stuff.. :nod:

These games always sparked my interest, but paying for the game, than paying almost as much as I do for internet to play it, on a crappy retail 17 yr old's job salary, always turned me off.

Although the idea of selling accounts on ebay for more than it cost the original purchaser sounds like an interesting business venture. :D;)

same here, i havent a job yet and ole gramps is going to switch back to dial up because "he cant see a difference" even though he loves Peer 2 Peer, no difference my butt :sweat:

i would assume single player AI mode would be free of a monthly charge, i am very interested!

BTW i loved the golden sun games, i wish they would make anotherone :dreams_about_goldensun:

MMO (emm emm ŏ)

noun. Informal.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game [MMORPG]

A game that can typically be played with only the left mouse button. Many cost money per month to play online, unlike other games. Requires minimal skill but maximum amount of time playing. Gameplay usually involves performing some simple action(s) thousands of times repeatedly to "level up".

MMO (emm emm ŏ)

noun. Informal.

Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game [MMORPG]

A game that can typically be played with only the left mouse button. Many cost money per month to play online, unlike other games. Requires minimal skill but maximum amount of time playing. Gameplay usually involves performing some simple action(s) thousands of times repeatedly to "level up".

as i said, this isn't a game that fits that description at all, so please don't label it as such

all MMO's require monthly fees except for Guild Wars which only requires that you purchase the game

they just released the free expansion "Red Moon Rising" so for the next few days...the server is going to be regularly crashing lol

this is normal when a new, large expansion/change comes to Eve (any MMOG honestly), so if you download and get all kinds of problems trying to login, or its laggy and crashy...don't be disappointed...we've been through countless upgrades and expansions like Shiva etc for Eve and this is always the way it goes. During this time we just train long skills that take 2-10 days and login every day to see how things are going...but it gets back to being smooth and normal after about a week from upgrade ;)

hit me on msn messenger and I'll give ya some guidance while creating a character, or just create something you think you like and catch us in-game and play for a bit to get the hang of the game. If we get enough guys from the Street playing we'll just move out on our own and do our own thing together as a Corporation ;)

ive played a MMORPG at my uncles house last week end (cant remember which), well, i didnt like it, it was... well, too massave. i like single player, old skool RPG's like final fantasy :). however, it was addictive, kinda like when you keep eating boiled peanuts until you are sick, dont care for the game but yet im addicted...