new to OC. smartguardian reading 10c higher than coolermaster

[email protected] hours and still going. i'm new to the oc community and i was wondering if this is a good oc? my smartguardian temps are reading 60c while my coolermaster aquagate sensor reads at 50c. which reading should i trust? also how can i make this OC better. lower the temps/volts? is my memory clock ok?

thanks for any input.

2600@15hrs-a

2600@15hrs-b

That's a lot of volts for an X2, especially on water. And those temps are too high if you're going to go by the onboard sensor. With your coolermaster, is it a direct sensor? If so, it's a +/- 5c to the reading. See if you can back down on the volts and fix your temps..Also, it won't hurt if you get a fan blowing on the 3 mosfets to the right of the cpu. That's dangerous on water at that temp. I used ITE, with 1.52v, 2750mhz, didn't break 36c, 33c from sensor.

Also, your images are too big. :P

That's a lot of volts for an X2, especially on water. And those temps are too high if you're going to go by the onboard sensor. With your coolermaster, is it a direct sensor? If so, it's a +/- 5c to the reading. See if you can back down on the volts and fix your temps..Also, it won't hurt if you get a fan blowing on the 3 mosfets to the right of the cpu. That's dangerous on water at that temp. I used ITE, with 1.52v, 2750mhz, didn't break 36c, 33c from sensor.

Also, your images are too big. :P

hehe. sorry bout that. the sensor from the coolermaster is a thermal probe/wire connected to the HS. i just have a fan floating on top of the 3 mosfet hs. i'll try lowering the volts. thanks. also what can i do to up the frequency on the memory since it wont boot to windows at 1:1. or is that frequency(216mhz) good enough? thanks again.

also what temps should my target be? i just lowered down on the voltages and here are my current genie bios configurations:

FSB=260

LDT/FSB ratio-x3.0

CPU/FSB ratio - x10.0

PCI-Express freq. - 101mhz

Cool n quiet = disabled

CPU VID startup = startup

CPU vid control = 1.525v

CPU vid special control = auto

LDT control = 1.3v

Chipset = 1.6v

DRAM voltage = 2.8v

DRAM mhz = 166=RAM/FSB:05/06

as of this moment my idle is 33c on smartguardian/32c on coolermaster. on prime95 on load @ 45c on SG/38 on CM.

don't know if these info has any significance but i'm just curious as to any suggestions. of course i know that i takes a lot of time and tweaking to get the most out of my system. thanks for any help. :D

So, you're on air or water? If you're on water, it should be much much lower. If you're on AIR, it's right on the money, but you can always do stuff to lower it.

yes i'm running on water. i'm starting over from 220mhz [email protected] / ram @ 220mhz 1:1 [email protected].

now cpu running 49c on SmartGuardian/42c on CoolerMaster

pwmic: 42c

chipset 44c

still not sure if stable or not but i'm running prime95 right now and i'll check it again tomorrow to see if it's still going. anyway if this setting proves stable, would this be a good starting point or do i still need to lower the voltages (for temps). thanks.

haha i'm not really smiling right now, this overclocking takes patience, one thing i lack of.

I have heard the same - if you don't do water well, you may as well stick with air. And right, so I am told, generally means a custom build. The exception is apparently the Swiftech Apex Kit, which uses many of the same components that people who have custom builds use.

[threadjack]Hey, Budwise, do your remember your load temps before you got your Apex kit on air? What HS did you have? And finally, what are they now? I'd really like to get a sense of what improvements the Apex offers.[/threadjack]

Actually, if you can afford it, build it from scratch. The only thing different between them is the radiator, fans used, and tubing, and also the resevoir. Most good loops use a t-line, with a Storm Waterblock, and good 3 fan radiator for maximum performance.

I have heard the same - if you don't do water well, you may as well stick with air. And right, so I am told, generally means a custom build. The exception is apparently the Swiftech Apex Kit, which uses many of the same components that people who have custom builds use.

[threadjack]Hey, Budwise, do your remember your load temps before you got your Apex kit on air? What HS did you have? And finally, what are they now? I'd really like to get a sense of what improvements the Apex offers.[/threadjack]

Before i had a Coolermaster Hyper 6 at the same overclock of 2700.

Before:

28C idle 44C load

After:

25C idle 38C load

considering this is coming from high end air to high end water, im very happy. This is however with the Apex Ultra kit with the Apogee block. I am about to put the Apogee up for sale as i have a Storm G4 block in the mail.