2x1gb Saumsung UCCC PC4000 $217.00!!!

My Ugly PC

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the hell? It just dropped to $199.00? I HAVEN'T EVEN GOTTEN IT YET! GRR. Freakin' newegg took FOREVER to ship it this time. Think I should call them up?

If it hasn't shipped, they might refund your CC. If it's on the way, your milage may vary YMMV. (mines almost here, so I'm not going to bother).

That's insane.

The OCZ PC4000 Gold GX is $230 after MIR. That's insane, too. Same UCCC chips.

And you can have the Mushkin UCCC single-stick for $99 after MIR, although of course there's one MIR per household. Idiots.

Maybe it isn't a stupid idea. Maybe Samsung chips really have dropped because of the legal issues. After all they weren't just accused, they were found guilty. Then again that can't be a conclusion untill weeks after the hollidays. But I seem to recall much more rebates and special promotions around the hollidays, not a lower un-advertised base price. Oh well, we can only speculate... and cash in! :nod:

Maybe it isn't a stupid idea. Maybe Samsung chips really have dropped because of the legal issues. After all they weren't just accused, they were found guilty. Then again that can't be a conclusion untill weeks after the hollidays. But I seem to recall much more rebates and special promotions around the hollidays, not a lower un-advertised base price. Oh well, we can only speculate... and cash in! :nod:

Dunno.

To me it rather seems that Samsung would like to wipe out Infineon for this Christmas sale.

Infineon had a short period where it produced the best chips for PC4000 (the CE-6 that make up OCZ EB and Mushkin Redline), where Samsung is usually strongest. Now Infineon put out a bad load of CE-6. Why not kick them while they are down?

With the three UCCC modules I listed at these new prices and the CE-6 modules not doing well under real load they will get the major chunk of the enthusiast sales this month.

And I get the feeling that the enthusiast market isn't all that small anymore.

Got mine today and tweaked, wow!

Will do 285 1to1 no prob......

This stuff rocks!!!!!

Hit 310 with a 9/10 divider, but my CPU was not stable......

Love this stuff!

Running 295x9 with a 9/10 divider, makes this ol 3000 Venice scream!

Would you care to post your settings you have for stable 1:1 at 285? Thanks!

Got mine Thursday. It is running at the same settings as my 2x 512 set was. 2.5-3-3-8 at 2.6v. I am on a ratio so the memory is at 229 (DDR459) 1T timings and almost no tweaking yet. I was having a terrible stuttering/ repeating sound during Battlefield 2. Since I installed the G.Skill set, it has been flawless. Fast map loads and the better benchmarks in 3dmark2005.

Its just insane now. I've never seen a price just keep bottoming out like this. If it goes 1 dollar lower, you all are gonna see me with 4gb of ram. Haha......

Well I lied. I couldn't wait for it to go 1 dollar lower. I have 4x1gb of this stuff coming my way. I just couldn't wait because of all the good results recently. All I need them to do right now is 256MHz, I think they're good for that.

Ugly's dream: 4x1gb 281x10 1:1 :tooth: (need my retard helmet to make that a goal)

Help me pray for that one. And wish me luck OC'ing 4x 1gb modules.

The HZ kit I got Friday is doing great.

3-4-4-7 @ 270 MHz prime stable 8 hours.

3-4-3-7 @ 265 MHz priming for 90 minutes now, no indication it will fail.

I seem to have one weaker stick than the other, reversing the order of slots got me 10 MHz more. I'll test them individually.

attachment.php?attachmentid=3189