Freeze

• 4 weeks later...

any update on this matter?

im having the same problem. At first, it was just random freezes. now its getting annoying its been doing it quite often now.

Doing prime95 for hours no probs, done super pi many times no problems, 3dmark 03'05' still no problem, it usually hangs everytime i close an application. Tried, formattting many times...

is there any issues with drivers? im using NVDIA nforce4 AMD 6.70 drivers and 82.12 display drivers.

My harddisk is IDE Maxtor 7200rpm 120GB... any issues with Maxtor?

I uninstalled NVIDIA firewall and IDE still same problem.

Firmware upgraded to 623.

i think i finally solved it!

my freezing problem since to be java related so.. i installed java 1.40.2 Runtime Environment and seems to be ok...

needs to do further testing. btw im using JRE 1.50 update 6 before.

Read the following answers from MAXTOR and NVIDIA and you ll understand that in the EXPENSIVE world of incompatibility we are all alone . Just us and our $$$ bucks.

The less they check their products the more we pay to have a pc working normal.

So there's no need to upgrade Maxtor's firmware and become a hardware engineer before you can play tetris on your machine... cause simply NF4 DOES NOT SUPPORT MAXTOR DRIVES...It just cant be any better!!!

MAXTOR REPLIED TO ME AS FOLLOWS...

Subject

PROBLEMS WITH 300GB maxtor SATAII diamond max AND MB DFI LAN PARTY NF4 DR

Discussion Thread

Response (Meiling Huang) 12/26/2005 07:17 PM

Dear Spyros,

Nforce 4 chip set does not support SATA II 300 drive, set SATA 150 jumper may work around this issue.

Let me know if you have any further problem.

Best regards,

Meiling

Maxtor Technical Support

AND NVIDIA REPLIES LIKE THIS....

Discussion Thread

Response (MG) 01/05/2006 01:14 PM

Thank you for replying. We will investigate this issue however a fix most likely would come through an SBIO update, not a chipset driver update. You may want to report this to your motherboard manufacturer as well so that they may have a report on this and hopefully release a BIOS update for your motherboard once a fix is made available.

Customer (Spyros Spyratos) 01/05/2006 11:44 AM

The model of my Hard Disk is

MAXTOR DIAMONDMAX 10 6V300F0

300GB SATA 3Gb.

Unfortunately there was no way to boot this disc from NF4 and there was no way to set a RAID on NF4 with those discs.

I bought 3 of them and I use them on the other controller of SiliconImage which is SATA I.

I hope this problem can be resolved with a new chipset driver.

Thank you for answering to my email.